AmbergrisCaye.com Home

American Politics

Posted By: Bing Crosby

American Politics - 09/30/15 04:56 PM

I know some of the comments got to be a bit personal and rude, but I kind of miss the banter. I would love to read some Donald Trump posts.
Posted By: Shyboy

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 05:11 PM

Marty will clean up this thread after a couple of answers. I "may" be able to get away with this as I vote on that side of the aisle. My answer would be that this thread belongs in a "comedy" section of the forum.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 05:32 PM

Please find a message board about the US for this.
AC.com is about BELIZE, please?!!!

Posted By: SimonB

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 06:04 PM

There are plenty of other places for that or you can set up your own US politics message board and invite everyone. Good luck moderating...
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 06:24 PM

Speaking of comedy pages, how bout that Jimmy Morales? Scary for us.

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 06:39 PM

Diane and Simon,
I know there are many other places for this but I believe it has a place on this board as well. There are many people, me included, that care about what is happening in Belize and the U.S. There's nothing wrong with sharing opinions, but I do agree they should not become personal. (but funny is ok isn't it?)

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 07:21 PM

Donald Trump has nothing to do with Belize so I can't see how anything to do with him would be any way relevant on this board.

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 07:22 PM

I suggest Facebook as a better forum for those kind of discussions.

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 07:23 PM

I can even create you a Facebook group called "Americans wanting to talk about US politics on Belize message boards". No fee...
Posted By: Shyboy

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 07:23 PM

A thread like this CANNOT stay polite... It cannot be moderated and nobody would be able to control it. I thought I'd sneak my remark in before Marty awakes from his nap.

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 08:01 PM

Simon, Trump could be relevant to Belize, and There are other things we might want to share besides Trump, I just used him as an example. As for the Face Book idea, Myself and I'm sure others already do that but in this forum we are speaking to people with mutual interests. And finally Shyboy, we're all adults we can discipline ourselves and stay polite.

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 11:02 PM

"And finally Shyboy, we're all adults we can discipline ourselves and stay polite." That was clearly proven not to be true and is the main reason the forum was removed.

There is nothing that I and many others want to hear about US politics on a message board called ambergriscaye.com. We're already bombarded with it if we turn on a TV, computer, tablet or phone.
Posted By: elbert

Re: American Politics - 09/30/15 11:57 PM

If we're voting here I agree with Simon, facebook has changed the Ambergris Caye Board by allowing a platform for those who need to vent on subjects irrelevant to Ambergris Caye and moderators here rarely need to do anything but delete spam. It's been quiet and refreshing since facebook came into existence and topics here are more about what you might expect to find under the URL //ambergriscaye.com Click on that and read the first few lines.
Posted By: azbob

Re: American Politics - 10/01/15 12:26 AM

Yes I totally agree that American politics should not be discussed on this Board. It has been tried and we all remember how that went.
Posted By: klcman

Re: American Politics - 10/01/15 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shyboy
Marty will clean up this thread after a couple of answers. I "may" be able to get away with this as I vote on that side of the aisle. My answer would be that this thread belongs in a "comedy" section of the forum.
[color:#CC0000][/color]

whatever the hell that means smile

Marty will not pull the plug om this thread unless political vitriol surfaces and he dispatches those spewers to virtual oblivion, as per history.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: American Politics - 10/01/15 01:59 PM

Thank God Trump has nothing to do with Belize.....yet!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board