AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Papa John Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 01:03 AM
I pay for 4mb service, months ago it used to be pretty steady and quick, but lately it barely gets up to 1mb and drops out altogether frequently. I'm using BTL DSL and I'm 4.5 miles north of town. Anyone else seeing this?
Posted By: dabunk Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 11:08 AM
Welcome to Belize!!!
Posted By: SimonB Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 11:52 AM
You probably need to replace your incoming DSL cable back to the nearest junction box. My home 4Mb is steady as a rock but it's using all new cables and this minute I'm getting 4.26Mb. The line at my new office is being replaced this coming week as it's old tech cable and DSL is up and down like a yo-yo.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 01:05 PM
Famous last words... DSL Internet has gone down in both my locations.
Posted By: Papa John Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 04:14 PM
It's been horrible all morning, but just came back strong as ever... We'll see how long this lasts!
Posted By: elbert Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 05:26 PM
Weirdest Internet disable this morning I've ever experienced. Both computers won't get any address except Youtube. checked everything twice and all we can get is youtube until about 10:30. Error message says can't connect you microsoft.com
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/16/16 09:29 PM
If it helps, we have been having the same problem South....Both at our home and the restaurant......Seems to be moving pretty good now....However, this morning all I could get was the Hurricane center....We are 2.5 miles South
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/19/16 04:41 PM
Frustrating when you are trying to get things done, but still I feel grateful to HAVE internet at all.
Posted By: bywarren Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/20/16 11:37 AM
Smart MiFi solves the problem for me.

Plus the GOB has to pay $388 Million for the confiscation of BTL. Who do you think will end up paying for that? Plus, what do expect from a company run by GOB?
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/20/16 12:30 PM
I understand that Smart is building a new, faster and cheaper service.
Posted By: dabunk Re: Painful Internet!! - 07/20/16 03:25 PM
Which by the time it is done will already be outdated!!
Posted By: katzgar Re: Painful Internet!! - 09/25/16 01:58 PM
you people need to quit standing on the wire
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board