AmbergrisCaye.com Home

September weather

Posted By: RNdiver

September weather - 06/13/07 10:17 PM

Whats the outlook for weather in September? Im gonna come down with a few friends the week of the 22nd?

Posted By: tacogirl

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 10:37 PM

I have warm and rainy marked down from last sept

for oct I have cooler and rainy
Posted By: bywarren

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 10:44 PM

Chance of rain, chance of sunshine, chance of a hurricane, no snow predicted.

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 10:54 PM

does it ran all day or just in the am? hows the diving vis?

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 10:59 PM

Some times it rains in the morning, some times in the afternoon, some times in the night, some times all day, some times not at all. Some times the visability is great, some times not so great.

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 11:02 PM

thank you for your help

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 11:08 PM

Those are the only accurate answers you can get to a question like that. Just come and enjoy and make the most of what nature gives you at the time.

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 11:15 PM

Ill be stopping by, I was there in May, and I cant stop dreaming of the next trip. I am checking out a timeshare on the island, so the stay is cheap to free. Im just wondering if I should bring rain gear, or a light jacket. I really just want to come back to Belize, I think I caught the bug.

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 11:19 PM

Bring a rain jacket, it is the rainey season. Seriously, trained meteorologists have trouble predicting the weather for the next day, let alone 3 months from now.

Re: September weather - 06/13/07 11:39 PM

Now you have me feeling sort of bad about maybe coming across a little to sarcastic. But, I get a kick out of the idea that someone can predict the weather 3 months from now.

To be a little more helpfull, maybe, September CAN, I emphasize can, be one of my favorite months for diving. That is IF it does not rain, IF there is no hurricane. The winds CAN be calm, although the temperature hot, and the visability great.

Hope that all works out for you and you enjoy your trip.

PS: where are you looking at time shares?
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: September weather - 06/14/07 03:28 AM

The worst thing about September is that some times the wind stops blowing = very hot.
The best thing about September is the sometimes the wind stops blowing = no waves.
I have dived in September when the sea, even outside the reef was like glass. If there are no rain clouds the sun can really penetrate the water making visibility fabulous.
Actually, if there are no hurricanes in the area October can be the absolutely best diving weather.
Bywarren was not messing with you – what he had to say is really so. You can hardly tell one day to the next what the weather will be.
Come when you can. Free stay??? Be careful – we usually get what we pay for.
Is this a time share pay off? How many hours of your time will it cost you?

Re: September weather - 06/14/07 01:15 PM

Harriett, sometimes you confuse me. I have read before where you have given people interested in purchasing good advice to come down and take time to research. Now this person has expressed an interest in purchasing a time share and is coming to research that, along with a dive trip, and you seem to be questioning that. confused
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: September weather - 06/14/07 02:57 PM

Anyone see south park episode where they did timeshare to get a free ski weekend and the time share people would not let them go? It was pretty funny.
Posted By: JZB

Re: September weather - 06/14/07 03:04 PM

lol! That was also an episode of King of Queens.
Posted By: beachz

Re: September weather - 06/14/07 10:08 PM

Would anyone please tell me the weather today? We are on our way next week and would also like to know if we need rain gear or just swim suits. We were there in March several years ago and it was spectacular. In looking at the weather from here it looks rather rainy???? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers !!!!
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: September weather - 06/15/07 06:10 AM

Warren – Sometimes I confuse myself. I thought I was asking a question when I said “Is this a time share pay off?” I was reminded of the old adage “There’s no such thing as a free lunch.”
Oh Yeah – remember all that free sex ion the 60’s? Then came the herpes, Hepatitis and AIDS.
Maybe I am still confused.
But to answer JZB – why wear rain gear? Light weight cotton clothes dry out very quickly.

Harriette
Posted By: seashell

Re: September weather - 06/15/07 07:34 AM

Geez, Harriette, if only I'd been old enough to enjoy all that free sex in the 60's!!! OMG

How was it??

(wicked grin)

beachz . . don't worry about it. You are going anyway. If you get rained on, it will be warm and you will dry off quickly enough. One of my best times was on Ambergris Caye in the month of November. It rained off and on. My friends and I walked the streets. It was so quiet because many Belizeans don't like being out in the rain. But we were like little kids splashing through puddles and letting the mud splatter up our legs.

Now having said all that, I've also been there a number of times in the months of December and January when the rains weren't anywhere near that pleasant and I was just happy to come out of a mud puddle with both shoes still on my feet. Regardless, there wasn't one second that I wasn't happy to be just where I was at that point in time.

Posted By: JZB

Re: September weather - 06/15/07 02:26 PM

Thanks Harriette, but I didn't ask the question. There you go getting confused again. ; )
BeachZ, June is in the rainy season, March is in the dry season. Don't bother bringing rain gear. If you get tired of the usually brief showers, you can buy rain ponchos for fairly cheap at many stores.
Posted By: beachz

Re: September weather - 06/15/07 03:40 PM

Thanks so much. We can relate to the showers popping up here in Alabama so it is probably similar to home. We'll just make sure we have swim suits and adult beverages and enjoy ourselves. Thanks again. Cheers!!!!!

Re: September weather - 06/18/07 10:31 PM

thank you for your reply, I was just looking for the idea of rain and likelyhood of hurricane. Looks like Im coming alone this trip, everyone is afraid of the big 'H' word. oh well more rum for me, I cant find caribbean white anywhere here so sad its only 75-80 degrees here....Im looking at the time share in the north end of town, before the Bridge. I think its a fair deal. $4000. and its deeded.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board