AmbergrisCaye.com Home

"Off-season" weather

Posted By: Kgryfon

"Off-season" weather - 01/21/08 08:47 PM

Hi there! I am planning a trip to Belize in the near future and bringing whoever I can get to accompany me...even if that means I'll end up traveling alone. Due to school issues and funds, we'll be coming sometime in the "off season." I've read descriptions of off season weather, and it sounds kind of like Hawaii - warm/hot, with sudden warm and shortlived rains followed by yet more sunshine. Is that a good description? I kind of like those tropicals showers so this doesn't bother me at all. Now, if the weather is more like cloudy cool days one day after another, that would be a different story. It's kind of hard to tell because I think what I'm seeing on the internet is more focused on the mainland, not AC.

What IS the weather like during May - Sept? What would be the best month during that time?

Thanks!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/21/08 11:20 PM

hot sums it up pretty good smile
Posted By: kris48

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 12:10 AM

Let's not forget humid.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 01:44 AM

whew. I was there in September and damn! when the breeze dies or you go inland, it is just plain oppressive.

All the more reason to just plop down with a Belikin at BCs.
Posted By: J DOG

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 01:57 AM

Been there many times in early May, very nice water temp. about 82. Once in Sept. & like Otter said no breeze & sweating every where you go. Lot's of places close & remodel in Aug-Sept. Peak hurrican season also.

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 05:39 AM

Sounds like early June would probably be best for off-season weather! Hot/humid like in S. Carolina?

82 d water sounds sooo nice right about now!!!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 08:02 AM

Mid May is wonderful in San Pedro. As Otter said if the sea Breezes quit on you then A/C is a must. But it is not oppressive.
November is my Favorite time.Hurricane season is over, the weather is Fantastic,and the water is still warm enough to enjoy all the activities you want.
No matter what time you decide to visit the one thing you can always count on is the wonderful people you will meet .

BTW: South Carolina is only miserable hot in , July/Aug/ Sept. after that it's Paradise.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 04:03 PM

Like lobster? You might schedule around lobster season/lobsterfest. Middle of June. We were there last year. Hot, but not "cooking" hot. Humidity up a bit, but nothing a beer every now and then couldn't hold at bay. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/22/08 05:25 PM

I don't know about "off-season weather". This is currently the "off-weather season".

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 01:06 AM

Bobber - Lobster - Love it! Cold beer - Love it! Hot weather - Love it!

Middle of June it is!!!

I suppose I can find info on the lobster fest via searching, unless someone wants to fill me in. Do the dive groups go lobstering, or is that not allowed?

Pedro - you are too cleaver for me...

Bill - I only go to visit my sister in SC during summer, so that's all I know about the weather there. Doesn't bother me too much as long as I don't exert myself beyond lifting an umbrella drink on the beach : )

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 01:09 AM

Ok, another post says Lobster season ends in Feb...so are you saying it starts again in June?

Are you pulling my claw???
Posted By: kris48

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 01:25 AM

Lobster season is closed Feb. 15 to June 15. No lobster then. The rest of the year it's amazing! After June 15th is a good time, both lobster and conch in season. Good eating!

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 01:45 AM

I would just assume that AC will have another Lobsterfest. smile
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 05:12 AM

Yes Bobber your assumption is correct so get ready for 2and annual LobsterFeast ha ha

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 07:13 AM

Ohhh...a Lobsterfest...ummm! When does that happen?

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 03:29 PM

Coincides with the opening of the season on June 15th. Tacogirl has pics of last year on her blog (somewhere). Street booths with lobster goodies, celebrations for the tasty critters. Beer and lobster and happy people everywhere. If you want to eat, meet and greet, this is a good time.
Posted By: boatgirl729

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/23/08 03:41 PM

So does anyone know where we can eat lobster when we come in March? I understand some restaurants are licensed to sell it year round.
Posted By: TacoBoy

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/25/08 05:11 PM

http://www.sanpedrolobsterfest.com
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: "Off-season" weather - 01/25/08 05:17 PM

But Bobber doesn't show up, even if he's on the island. So there's that issue... :P xo

Anytime in SP is a GREAT time!!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board