AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch

Posted By: Sandcrab

Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 12:02 PM

Both Belize and the Caribbean islands should keep an eye on "TD#15" and "Joyce". Click on the link below to have a look.
http://www.intellicast.com/Tropical/World/UnitedStates/AtlanticAnalysis/

Jim
sandcrab@bigfoot.com
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 05:05 PM

YIKES!!
Looks nasty....hmmmm
Thanks Jim
Posted By: papashine

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 05:08 PM

We are watching very closely
Posted By: Marty

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 07:38 PM

Looks like Joyce broke up on the land...

hopefully it will stay that way, its in 3 pieces right now...
Posted By: ranger

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 08:10 PM

I'm coming to San Pedro Oct. 10th will this huricane be a distant memory by then or should I be worried? I know zip about huricanes looks like they move slow. Oh well I'll be there long enough to get day or two of good weather. One would make it worth it so I'll be there come huricane or depression. Keep the Belican cold!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 08:34 PM

i was on AC in Aug when Debbie hit (no, not debbie from texas, the hurricane) puerto rico. it only rained in ac twice, and just at night, but...the wind STOPPED COMPLETELY and the still/damp/hots brought out mosquitos in a BIG way. dont know if this will happen in oct too. good luck guys.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 08:51 PM

There is no hurricane. Joyce has run over land and come aprt and the minor depression east of here is headed north.
Jane: The storm in Puerto Rico had nothing to do with your problems up north at Journeys End.

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 09:51 PM

thanks jesse. glad to hear its gone. what i said was related to me by someone from the resort. guess not a well informed one! it was just so much worse when the breeze died. love that tropical breeze there, coulda sat on that beach forever...
Posted By: lyndend

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 10:19 PM

Wait till hurricane "Guzzler" hits town, then you got something to worry about!LOL
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 11:26 PM

OOPS! I spoke too soon. The "minor depression" east of us has become Tropical Storm Keith... still east of us and drifting slowly northwestward. The only way it can get here is by a turn to the west (unlikely), but we'll probably get some rain in the next day or two.
Posted By: TexasCat

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/29/00 11:59 PM

yaw hold down the huts, the storm is knocking on your door! i hope the worst passes ac.
Posted By: Marvel

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 03:55 AM

Looks like Keith may come a knocken!
Hold on to your computers!

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 04:33 AM

there's a new category for this subject, go back to the front door of the message board and click on hurricane information...

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 05:38 AM

I am flying into AC on sunday afternoon 1 Oct, for a week of diving. Do I need to cancel the trip.

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 05:55 AM

certainly not at this point. i would guess keith will slide north and just sprinkle us a little. most action should be north of us...
Posted By: TexasCat

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 06:03 AM

it looks like ac is getting hit hard. i hope all of yaw are doing good and staying safe. marty is right, it looks like the storm is headed for cancun area. thanks marty for the great info.
Posted By: Belize Mama

Re: Hurricane & Tropical Depression Weather Watch - 09/30/00 06:17 AM

Okay guys, let's not send Keith north too fast. I live right at the top of "north" in Pensacola. We sure don't need it here either.
We had our fill of hurricanes with Erin and Opal back in 1995. In fact we were in San pedro when Erin hit Pensacola. Got to New Orleans just in time to find out we couldn't go home until it was all over. Good luck to everyone on AC right now. shouldn't be too bad. Worst will probably pass right by.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board