AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dbdoberman BelizeWater - 03/16/03 05:52 AM
Where did you end up? Hope it all worked out! smile
Posted By: BelizeWater Re: BelizeWater - 03/21/03 07:10 PM
We are in Belize laugh , on Caye Caulker right now and searching for a long term rental.

Nothing available here right now but we'd really like to find something in the Tres Cocos area on North Ambergris on the beach....anyone know of a place available for 6 month or so for a family of 4???? If you do, please call us...600-8477

BTW: it was extremely easy entering, no one even asked for a return tickets or flinched when we said we were staying for 6 months. We came in with about 30 pieces of lugage including computers and a fax/copy/printer/scanner. They started to open everything but after about 6 boxes of toys,bed sheets, towels and documents they charged us $45 belize in duty and sent us on our way smile We were quite the site, 2 kids, a dog and way too much stuff!!! It was great!! Welcome to Belize
Posted By: CoriSungal Re: BelizeWater - 03/21/03 10:45 PM
Originally posted by BelizeWater:
We are in Belize laugh , on Caye Caulker right now and searching for a long term rental.

Nothing available here right now but we'd really like to find something in the Tres Cocos area on North Ambergris on the beach....anyone know of a place available for 6 month or so for a family of 4???? If you do, please call us...600-8477

BTW: it was extremely easy entering, no one even asked for a return tickets or flinched when we said we were staying for 6 months. We came in with about 30 pieces of lugage including computers and a fax/copy/printer/scanner. They started to open everything but after about 6 boxes of toys,bed sheets, towels and documents they charged us $45 belize in duty and sent us on our way smile We were quite the site, 2 kids, a dog and way too much stuff!!! It was great!! Welcome to Belize
Posted By: CoriSungal Re: BelizeWater - 03/21/03 10:50 PM
Hi there,
We too, ( a family of 5 ) have been working on our move here since june. We lucked out getting a house for 2 yrs (north of San Pedro ) reasonable rent. If this place didnt work out, there WAS ( a few weeks ago ) a 2 bdrm unit in the blue bldg behind Palapas bar ( it is the bldg that used to be Palapa after the hurricane "moved " it there...Anna is the owner of Palapa bar, and Im sure a bartender there could point you in the right direction GOOD LUCK !! peace..
Posted By: LB Re: BelizeWater - 03/22/03 01:22 AM
Check with Mary Hawthorne at Caye Management. She does long term rentals. There is a really nice house in the area you want but can't really tell you just which one (no street addresses) But tell them it's the white one where Danilo (caretaker) lives downstairs. It's right near Mary's house so I'm sure she knows it. It's very nice. And she has others. Good luck!
Posted By: BelizeWater Re: BelizeWater - 03/22/03 04:37 AM
Thanks, we were at Palapas for drinks on Monday and we did give Mary a call but she said that she really doesn't have any long term rentals available right now, only short term and we can't handle $1,000 per week, we are looking for some in that price range a month smile

I did have a call from BLeases today so we might go see what he has avaiable, he said he might have something.

Thank you for the info though, keep it coming as we need to find something pretty soon, this short term rental stuff isn't too good for the budget eek
Posted By: BelizeWater Re: BelizeWater - 03/22/03 04:43 AM
Corisungal, I hope we will be neighbors. When did you move down? How old are the kids? Did you get a cart? I am hoping we will be near other children as my son is going to be 4 next month and life is all about kids or tids as he calls them.

I wonder if the place you are talking about is one that B-leases mentioned today and that is in the paper....the bottom half of a house, two bedroom, but there isn't any living room furniture...Is that the place?

Well since you are in the area, PLEASE PLEASE let us know if you hear of anything coming available.
Posted By: highspeed Re: BelizeWater - 03/25/03 02:08 PM
Go to www.grumpyandhappy.com and look at the accomodations there. We are presently renting to tourist but would be interested in Long term as well. Somewhere in the $1300.00 Range would be the rent for a year or more.
Posted By: BelizeWater Re: BelizeWater - 03/25/03 06:32 PM
Thanks but we realy don't want to pay more that $1000 per month
Posted By: Marie Re: BelizeWater - 03/25/03 07:38 PM
Don't know for sure, but I do think you can find it a lot cheaper in town. Were not talking waterfront properties, though. Maybe can check on them later.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board