AmbergrisCaye.com Home

oops did not finish

Posted By: shana portnoy

oops did not finish - 10/19/03 06:08 PM

...I did not finish my last message but got cut off. Anyway I also need a place to live. Bymyself or with roomates. If anyone knows of anything or is interested please write to me or call me. I live in California, ya know where the Terminator is gov.. My # is 408.309.7603. I am so excited about coming out there!! I would appreciate any tips or information. Thanks so much and take care, Shana
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: oops did not finish - 10/19/03 06:46 PM

Hi joe. we missed you.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: oops did not finish - 10/19/03 06:56 PM

Do not be nasty to the afflicted
Posted By: Badco

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 12:13 AM

Really, esmerelda park palapa's are a great, cheap, and out of the weather location for sleeping, but be careful of local opportunistic folk wanting to share your digs....don't you hate that when it happens? :rolleyes:
Posted By: kerry

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 08:18 AM

shana....just read that you are from california....and caught your last name....i'm originally from california, and you are about the same age as my kids....i used to go to school with a girl named "marla portnoy"....you wouldn't happen to be any relation to her, would you????
kerry
Posted By: kerry

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 09:45 AM

i really hate to think that this person is another name for joe (edited out by marty)....any input marty....i was taken in by "wes" who claimed to be a kid from around the area that i live in....i like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if this guy is the same person, i would really like to know what his motive is....it sounds pretty sick to me....there are so many people that come to this board, searching for info, that are sincere with their requests....i can't understand why certain individuals get their "jollies" by screwing up a very informative board....there will always be some conflict with different personalities, but why cover up the conflicts, by using different names to approach the same subjects....in my opinion, it's called sabotage....belize, doesn't need that....we have enough of that here in the u.s.a. ....and i think that is why all of us here in the states, that truly love what we have found in belize, want to make this country our home.....
Posted By: Marty

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 12:26 PM

doubt its joe.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 04:30 PM

It's not Joe. Even though he was a pain in the *** who got the board all riled up, personally I think we should stop referring to him at all - especially by his real name (before he sues Marty or something!) If you must dredge him up (or if he chooses to make a reappearance which I don't think he will) lets call him by one of his aliases - so many creative ones to choose from eek and those in the know will know who you mean, anyway. Just my humble opinion.
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 04:40 PM

So many times we (the people who actually live in Belize) have answered this question and given advice. It would be nice if people would use the search function on this message board and read, read, read, read, then ask questions. I cant think of anything new I would say. But my best advice is.... bring lots of money, and dont plan on working for a year. A year of living simply in San Pedro will cost $20k U.S.
--Lee
www.caribbean-colors.com
www.cybercayecaulker.com

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 06:16 PM

some folks have requested people not refer to them by their real name

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 08:31 PM

Folks that request not to be referred to by their real name could possibly benefit from a Holtzman ink blot test.
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 10:11 PM

People who don't want to be refered to by their real name should not use it to log on to a message board! Pretty simple.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 10:34 PM

ISLEMUTT YU 'ARE' SIMPLE ....

OH--- JUST CALL MI ---:'' MOOSE '':---
Posted By: klcman

Re: oops did not finish - 10/20/03 11:45 PM

ya mean your real name is not ISLE???
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 03:21 PM

Seems like he was using his real name when he was asking real questions - before he realized how easy it was to get us all riled up and defensive about our favorite place. Marty made a simple request to leave off his name and I agree. Enough already. Marty is going to be the one to bear the brunt of his recourse if you all keep posting his name. He gave plenty of choices of aliases if you must keep writing about him - choose your favorite! From the amount you all keep referring to him, you'd think you actually missed him or something confused
He'll be back if you keep provoking him - I can guarantee it. And it won't be pretty! I say give it a break and quit inviting trouble.
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 04:14 PM

He's already back but who cares. You can make nice chit chat with him as various identities. I am more interested in the real peeps with real experiences and opinions.

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 08:45 PM

he's not posting Mrs A. it ain't him.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 08:50 PM

Is Marty your real name?

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 09:21 PM

Hi Marty, I was only commenting that its pretty obvious that he is posting here and there and its just funny because they all are all asking similar questions, similarly worded, and everyone is like, "sure, (insert name of hotel here) has balconies and a good view, etc." Same questions over and over, and its just too ridiculously funny. I haven't insinuated that any particular poster is you know who. Who cares at this point anyway.

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 10:53 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzz
mane ....
this miss anthropy can really put one to sleep
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 10:59 PM

Bite me moose.

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 11:05 PM

euuuuuuuuuuwwwwww....

no--really......euuuuuuuuwwwwwww
Posted By: chismera

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 11:15 PM

Yer outta luck- Mooses are vegetarians

Re: oops did not finish - 10/21/03 11:16 PM

Stop you're makin me cry.

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 12:27 AM

the crying room is down the

HAUL

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 12:25 PM

Since no one could have prevented access to computing resources by someone with behavioral and emotional problems, the least we can do is band together as armchair psychologists to conduct a crisis intervention for an inveterate flamer. Thatís just me, I could be wrong.

[Linked Image]

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 02:40 PM

Just let us know how we may help you. You could unplug the video games and attempt to develop some interpersonal relationships with living breathing humans. Maybe even some girls. Hope it works out.
Posted By: ChrisW

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 02:41 PM

He just needs to redirect his energies towards a place where pretending is considered a good thing...

http://everquest.station.sony.com/

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 05:04 PM

denial is self-defeating. let us help you.
Posted By: ChrisW

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 05:11 PM

Chismera,

FYI the plural of moose is mise not mooses!

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 05:12 PM

for whats its worth, i guarantee the person you think its posting is not posting.

you are chasing shadows

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 05:31 PM

LOL my comment was for dogmatic pre. He is reaching out. laugh

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 05:41 PM

As well as my comments were directed to you.
Posted By: chismera

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 06:33 PM

My dickshunary says more than one moose is meese
Posted By: shana portnoy

Re: oops did not finish - 10/22/03 11:41 PM

Originally posted by kerry:
shana....just read that you are from california....and caught your last name....i'm originally from california, and you are about the same age as my kids....i used to go to school with a girl named "marla portnoy"....you wouldn't happen to be any relation to her, would you????
kerry
Hey kerry, no sorry I do not know a marla. My father is from New York originally and moved out to cali. in the 60's. His name is ALan he grew up in Manhattan, does that have any connection? That would be cool if we foud a relative.*s*
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board