AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Moving to San Pedro

Posted By: coolcat

Moving to San Pedro - 06/03/04 09:41 PM

I am a 40ear old,single,no kids Nw york.I am a massage therapist and not working much.I have been to San Pedro 3 times and loved every time.Aghh..but to move there.I don't want to make the mistake of only having wanted an extended vacation.I know living and working somewhere can sure make all tha palm trees seem invisible.I am in no hurry to decide.Anyone ever just "take the plunge?"
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/03/04 11:20 PM

NO!!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/04/04 01:36 AM

WHAT ?
Posted By: Badco

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/04/04 03:18 AM

You keep tellin em' peter........:-)

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 12:42 AM

Who on earth would want to move down here and live with us lot
Posted By: indygal

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 08:12 AM

We went down for 2 months, to try out the water as they say. I really thought I would like to live there and thought my husband would also - once he stayed a while. We had been 3 times before, but vacations and living there are very different. I enjoyed the time but the place gets very small after a few weeks. We both worked a bit while we were there at 1/2 what we would make in the States and if we had worked full time I am sure they would not have paid as well as they did. We made friends and friends from the States visited. In the end we were both bored. All that said I still love the place. Go for a couple months Coolcat and then see what you think. Enjoy

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 05:13 PM

Hi there!Thanks for the reply.Yes,i think a few month stint would be key(caye)lol in discovering the real lay of the land.
What did you guys do for work while you were there?As soon as a "real" spa opens up there,I know I can make some money as a massage therapist.
smile
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 09:23 PM

Coolcat, THink the key word here is"work permit". You can't just move down and go to work without one.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 09:39 PM

We both did some teaching (adults). We both have some needed skills, which we taught. My husband had arranged to do this ahead of time and the folks just did not get his permit. As time went on it became a bit more scary (not having the permit) as there are no secrets on a small island.
I did some teaching as a voluteer and then at the end they paid me. Sorry, I am being evasive about where we worked - there might be 3 people in San Pedro who don't know. Don't want anyone to get in trouble. You can email me if you wish [email protected] Indygal
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/05/04 10:16 PM

coolcat: do not make the mistake of thinking you can move to AC and get a job. Some have, but many, many have found out the hard way that getting a work permit can be very difficult and the repercussions of not having one are not what you want to experience.
If you can come to AC and live without having to work, come on down. If you feel you will need to generate income while there, you best get your ducks in a row before coming or be ready for a potentialy bad experience.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is what you need to hear.
Posted By: CrackerLarry

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 12:21 AM

By, does this mean you could not come down there and start a business, and maybe employ some locals, or just that you can't come down and get a job with someone else, or both. Just curious. Planning for an early semi- retirement....:-)
Posted By: scubabarbi

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 03:48 AM

ByWarren, I too would like to ask you to please expand on what you meant?? We are going to SP for our first time, and would like to have any and all information on local customs. We travel all over the caribbean and understand if a person wanted to work in another country he/she must get a work permit at minimum. What about investing in AC and Employing locals?? Just curious at this stage.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 05:21 AM

OK guys: I was trying to answer the question based on my experience and what I have seen happen with people who try to come to Belize and work. There are laws governing this. Don't ask me to explain the law to you. My advice is free and you are getting what you are paying for. But if you are planing what coolcat is, my advice is to get some advice, preferably the kind that is not for free. This board is a source for informantion. I would not put myself in a position of possibly breaking the law and having to suffer the consquences based on advice I got from this board.
To once again state my position and give my free advice, don't come to Belize if you need to work and make money while you are here unless you make those arrangements ahead of time. Belize loves tourists who come and spend money. They tend to have a different view of those who come to make money.
Posted By: kerry

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 05:26 AM

i have just taken the "plunge"....alot of planning, but the rules change quite a bit....next week i am going to the immigration office to find out the best way for me....(qrp or residency)...i had read at one point, that you couldn't start a business and work in it without a work permit, but recently, i read that you could, as long as you can employ at least 2 belizeans....
i think that the reasoning behind this, is that the government here, doesn't want foreigners coming here and taking away jobs from their people....but, if you can create jobs, they would be more willing to listen to your plan....
will let you know what i come up with.....kerry
also check out this site...
[email protected]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 05:38 PM

Kerry,
My husband and I own the Mgt Co at Caribe Island Resort. We employ 12-26 Belizeans at any given time. I do not have a work permit, and I am NOT allowed to work. I can handle banking and some matters like that, and of course, socializing, but I can't answer the office phone.
Just make sure you get the correct answers from the correct people. Don't assume that you are being told correctly just because you are talking to someone in the office. It doesn't hurt to get things in writing, but it also won't help you if you aren't doing things the right way.
Good luck.
Posted By: scubabarbi

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 10:20 PM

cool Thanks bywarren, your advice is sound and you can't beat the price. I think it is good that Belize takes care of it's local people. I have been many places that feel the same way laugh
Anyway we are coming down on a vacation and to "live the dream" as Capt. Jeff says. Thanks to Kerry and ibanole for your input as well.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 10:38 PM

Ibanole,
I must be missing something.You own an establishment which makes a profit and yet you're "not allowed to work??"I guess the question is what constitutes working in belize?I call owning and running a restaurant/hotel WORKING!!
Coolcat
Posted By: ckocian

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/06/04 11:31 PM

Yeah, but it's not your country laugh

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 12:00 AM

Okay,it's no my country.I am getting that if I can go to San Pedro,open a business,employ two or more locals,then I can make money hand over fist,in theory,right folks?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 12:09 AM

Pedro1,
Why your emphatic,"No!"
Posted By: klcman

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 12:12 AM

theories are just that theories - when they are no longer theories they become truisms, some good , some bad.

Use the "search" feature coolcat - TONS and I mean TONS of info and theories
Posted By: kerry

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 03:14 AM

ibanole, thanx....any and all input is greatly appreciated....this is definitely something that i want to do, by the books....now that i am here, i am taking it slowly....eyes and ears open...i guess only time will tell...take care... kerry

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 01:18 PM

Kerry: what I thing would be very interesting and insightful is for you to post a “dealing with Belize officials report”. Something like a fishing report that Capt Jeff does or a vacation report like so many do. Give us a running commentary or your up coming experiences. I know that would be helpful to so many who might be contemplating doing what you are. What do you think?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 02:19 PM

I also feel compelled this morning to give a little more of my advice, to those that can afford it, because I might not have given as complete a picture as I should in my earlier comments.
Belize has it’s laws and regulations. Those are interpreted and applied based on who you are dealing with at the time. You can get one answer from, let’s say a person in customs, and go back later and talk to another person and get a totally different answer. Now I am not saying that is always done intentionally. Many times is just a matter of the person looking and trying to understand a confusingly written law. And those people in charge “interpret” those laws and regulations based on who they perceive they are dealing with. Let”s face it, it is a fact of life where ever you are.
That is why my earlier advice was to get some advice., preferably the kind that is not free. Yes, you can “go by the book” and try and maneuver through the maze of laws and regulations on your own. Most that I know that have done that come away quite frustrated.
So the other two options that I see, are to hire a professional. When I refer to a professional, I mean a licensed lawyer, accountant, etc. The key word here is “licensed”.
The other route, taken by many with often good results, is to hire what is often referred to as an “expediter”. My definition of that is one who is familiar with the rules and knows people who can help minimize the “red tape”.
The downside to that is, there are many people representing themselves as capable of providing those services that either are not capable or will take advantage of you. Due to the time I have spent in Belize and the experiences I have learned from, I would consider my self much more knowledgeable on this than many of the so called “expediters, investment consultants, buyers agent” or whatever they call themselves, and I still would not consider myself qualified to charge for that. So if you decide to go that route, make sure you know who you are dealing with and get some references from past clients. Good luck to all. smile
Posted By: MandM

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 02:58 PM

Hello all ...

There have been some very good questions raised here, as well as some good advice. I don't think I can offer any advice at all, but I can relate my experiences with these issues.

We moved to SP in August, 2002, with the hopes and dreams of living permanantly in Belize. We are too young to fully retire, and planned on having some sort of small business, both to occupy ourselves and to make some money to stretch our savings to get us to the age where we can draw from our pensions, etc.

To accomplish this goal, we would need to reside here for one year, without leaving the country for more than 14 days total, in order to meet the requirements for residency. No problem. Go to immigration every 30 days and get the tourist visa stamp in the passports. Kick back and enjoy the good life for a while, settle in and get the feel of living here. After the year has expired, file for our residency and THEN we can start a business.

Things change though, and when we went to immigration to get our 10th stamp, we were told that they could no longer stamp our passports, as we had been here more than 6 months. We would have to fill out a "Post 6 Months Extension" form, along with passport photos and documents regarding financial status, and take them to Belmopan. Big surprise when we got to Belmopan (the first time), only to find out that we would also have to leave our passports there, and come back in a week to retrieve them with our 30 day stamp. Ugh.

The above mentioned rule went into effect on July 1, 2003, and is still in effect. As you might immagine, it was no fun to make 2 trips per month to Belmopan just to get a 30 day extension. We went to the trouble of making an appointment with the Director of Immigration, Mr. Parchue, to find out just what we needed to do to get to where we wanted to be. As it turned out, that was exactly what we should have done when we first arrived here. Because we had stated on our "Post 6 Months Extension" that we intended to make a living in Belize, Mr. Parchue informed us that we would be required to have valid work permits before we could apply for residency.

To make a very long story a bit shorter, we eventually got our work permits (which thankfully allow us to reside and work here for one year -- no more monthly passport stamps), and our residency application is currently being processed. We have done all of this on our own, by the book. We have had LOTS of advice from many people who have been through the process before.

I was told the other day that as of last week, Mr. Parchue is no longer the Director. I have no idea what impact that will have on the way things go in the future. I think it's safe to say that some things will change though.

The bottom line for us ... listening to well intentioned friends who had gone through the process just didn't work in the end. In my humble opinion, the best way to find out what will be required in each individuals situation is to go to the source -- get your information directly from Immigration regarding regular residency, from the Belize Tourist Board regarding QRP, and from the Department of Labor for work permits.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 03:34 PM

Originally posted by MandM:
Hello all ...

get your information directly from Immigration regarding regular residency, from the Belize Tourist Board regarding QRP, and from the Department of Labor for work permits.
.....but don't think the information from all those different sources will necessarily jibe with each other! Mr. Parchue was removed because of his misconduct in the performance of his duties and Belize Immigration is rife with inconsistencies in its policies.
Posted By: MandM

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 03:59 PM

Yes, I agree with you. I did not mean to imply that it is easy to get the information that you need, even when you go to the source. Different immigration officers have given me differing advice/requirements. That is why we made the appointment with Mr. Parchue, as he was at the time the only person who could actually approve our residency application. The labor department was no better, until I had my first application (denied) reviewed by the Commissioner of Labor, which is when I found out that the application should never have been accepted by the labor officer in SP, and I should re-apply with x y and z additional documentation. As I said, none of it has been particularly easy, and it seems that sometimes you cannot get the information you need unless you know the correct questions to ask.

The question that remains for us, is what (if any) requirements/policies will change while we are waiting for our residency application to be processed. Hey, we're in Belize ... no worries, no hurries... we'll eventually get there.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 04:16 PM

This should be mandatory reading for anyone thinking of moving,living,working in the Caribbean. "Don't stop the carnival" by Herman Wouk. You can get it on Amazon. smile

It is a fictitious story, although surpisingly realistic, about a New York stock broker who packs it all in, moves to an island in the Caribbean, buys a resort and has to deal with the local customs, employees, goverment officials, etc.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 04:17 PM

Originally posted by MandM:
[ Hey, we're in Belize ... no worries, no hurries... we'll eventually get there. [/QB]
And to live that that little idealized version of life, always, always, ALWAYS have an exit strategy.

It boggles my mind to know that scores of citizens of Latin America and the Caribbean are trying their damnedest to get anywhere to the north so that they can have a chance to do better than they've been able to do in their home country. Even if it means risking their very life to do so. And at the same time, people from the north can go to those peoples' countries and automatically be able to take up the standard of living they've left by creating their own reality.

I don't begrudge anyone their vision but I think it's important to understand the fine line of difference between vision and hallucination.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 05:06 PM

the likenesses in "don't stop the carnival" are uncanny. i have pointed out the characters to david that fit the bill perfectly. i have only just started it but when i am done i will pass it along under the classified section.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 05:27 PM

Cool Cat, All of the above advise is right on target. You would be wise to heed it. For every one individual who dreams of making a life here, there are probably ten who find it just won'thappen. Too much "paradise" can be too much of a good thing without something meaningful to do with your life. For Indygal she obviously took the time to find out that wouldn't work for her. It also costs far more to live in San Pedro than most people realize. Factor that into a budget if you have an extended wait for a work permit. And chances are, you will. After all you're looking for less stress in your life , right?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 05:59 PM

I can and without any undue problems can get work permits legally for 3000 usd(including a belizean company)-it will take approx 4 weeks and you can then not worry about being out of country for 14 working days,in regard to residency which will take approx 6 months after your first years work permit which obviously has to be reapplied for but at a cost of 375usd(6 months)-
Now I just cannot wait for people to tell me that i am wrong,that i cannot do this,or they know someone who can do it cheaper-let me here from the experts ps I have just got my citizenship approved -so I obviously do not know what I am talking about!!!!
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:10 PM

Peter, you are the man.
my check is in the mail. unless any of you out there can do it faster and cheaper, i can still pull my check to peter back out of the mail.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:19 PM

I want to be the first not to say Pedro is wrong. Happy belated birthday, Pedro. He is older now and, well let's just say, more experienced. I won't give him the satisfaction of saying "older and wiser". May he continue getting older. :p

PS: maybe if he gets old enough, he might reach my level. laugh

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:25 PM

Hey there,"Pedro1."Now that you have gone and invested $3000.00 is staying in A.C...why do you shout,"No!" at my idea of doing the same?Were you just joiking or do you wish all gringos would leave the Shangrila for you alone?? :-)
PS:This is all friendly banter from my side...

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:31 PM

Please send picture and I will have my secretary(Bywarren) see if you are voted in.
You asked a question and I thought about coming here for at least 5 minutes before I made the decision(for those that know me understand that I have probably never concentrated for such a long period of time since).

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:34 PM

Bywarren-everyday that I wake up that I am younger than you.
Coolcat I did not invest 3000 usd -I have invested 100 of thousands here as the majority of bars and my drinking associates can attest to.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:44 PM

Yes Peter, everyday you wake up you are still younger, and well let's leave it at that, than me.
And, if you are going to talk about your total investment in Belize, just think what the amount would be if you also took into consideration the drinks people bought for you. laugh You lovable guy you.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:48 PM

me,fer one, aint neva baut the sorry sob nothin.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:50 PM

Some of us will go to almost any extreme not to drink alone. :p

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 06:52 PM

i thank ida quit drankin first.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 07:33 PM

I have no photos right now.Most "lady friends" agree that I look like a forty old Sting,more or less.I hope that is of no help whatever!!lol!

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 07:36 PM

Peter I assume??What do you do in A.C to stay afloat?How long have you been there?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 08:24 PM

5 years and drink-to avoid looking like Sting-trust this does not help too much.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 08:29 PM

I have a renewed respect for you, a**hole.
Posted By: Tippy

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 09:19 PM

Dear all.

We went by the book and it took 8 weeks to get the work permits and cost us US$750 each.

Anybody wants to know how, just come in and have a meal.

Tippy.

Tastes of Thailand

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 09:36 PM

Tippy-
1. you bought a property
2. you had a good business idea
3, you invested over 300kusd (just guessing)
4. you have connections

I agree anyone who is going to invest a reasonable sum of money in this country will have no problem in getting work permits-however this thread appears to be for people who do not wish to invest reasonable sums of money in Belize.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 09:47 PM

Golly gee!There I was a hopin' and a hopin'I'd be warmly welcomed by an alcoholic who bases approval on folks' pictures and another soul with a limited vocabulary!!LOL!!Come on dudes!Can't we start anew??Pretty pleeeease??;-)
Peter,what's with the temper tantrum video? Was that you pre-A.C.?
Immising,are you one of the drunk pilots who lives at BC's?Boy that's a sexy lot!!
Cheers!

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 09:51 PM

Just curious. You see I have no problem asking a question. Don't know everything. And this will give Pedro a chance to show he might know something I don't.
Does being British in a former British Colony and being part of the Commonwealth help any with this stuff?
I thought that might be #5 on your list for Tippy.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 09:55 PM

Bywarren-Yes it does

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 10:01 PM

Thanks for that reply, Pedro. Just keep in mind the key word in my last post is "might". An attorney once told me "never ask a question you don't know the answer to". But, I don't always follow that rule since I am not an attorney.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 10:02 PM

BRRUUMMFH, I jes coud be one of em, why?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 10:20 PM

Ernie, sounds like coolcat might need a blanket to help him warm up a little. wink

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 10:26 PM

Maybe a "blanket party"?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 10:53 PM

Thanks ByWarren!I am just fine though.If we were all present in A.C.,I am sure we'd be buying rounds for one another!!
Blanket party:So far I have not sensed a female vibe in this forum.Any San Pedro Bunnies out there?? smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/07/04 11:24 PM

I don't think the kind of blanket party you're talking about is the same kind as these guys have in mind. laugh

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 03:27 AM

San Pedro "Bunnies" pullleez!! You're way too cool for SanPedro. Look for another island.
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 04:44 AM

OMG, I cant actually believe I agree with Bywarren, Pedro and Immissing at the same time... time to take my pill (note to myself). I vote YES for a male massage therapist, but I am currently bored. My vote is subject to change with the weather.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 06:35 AM

Pedro.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Close.
4. Yes but we did not use them,(wrong party)
5. For Bywarren if being polite is being British Yes.
6. Do not lose your sense of humour.
7. Always look on the bright side of life.

Tippy

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 01:04 PM

Tippy: since Pedro didn't elaborate on my question, maybe you could. Seriously, I thought that citizens of commonwealth countries had some reciprocal rights when it came to working or doing business in other commonwealth countries. Even the ones not as polite as you and even the ones opening restaurants that do not serve as good of food as you do. smile

PS: silkpainter, what is it you agree with me on? Maybe I need to re-think my position. smile

PPS: an interesting site, click on "permanent residency" at the bottom.http://www.belizenorth.com/work_permits.htm

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 02:29 PM

We have been here 18 months and talked to allot of people on every side and what we found out was that we could vote after living here for 3 months.

That is Commonwealth people and not just British.

Everything was the same for us as it is for everyone else.

Some times it seem harder for us and one day I may write a book.

Tippy.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 03:22 PM

Jeeez Luise,I ain't THAT cool.No bunies??Okay what is A.C.official slang for available women who generally "stir a man!!" smile

Silkpainter:This male massage therapist may take a year to get there.I hope the weather stays fine for you! ;-)

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 08:38 PM

Well coolcat, since I am old enough to be your mother, I'm not exactly sure, but taking a wild guess, would say "bunnies" is politically incorrect. As would be "ho". When you arrive I would suggest you look up the Sweet Potato Queens at B.C.'s.(Charlene being one of the original Queens. We have been quite successful in instructing many in proper Island etiquette. Immissing is one of our great success stories. He no longer drinks that Cheap Butt stuff, and is often heard asking Ernie for a "biscotti and decaf. We will also probably insist you stop telling people you look like Sting, and lose the puka shells. Best , Lovey
Posted By: Casita Folks

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 09:42 PM

Alot of good advice, but the best is probably, come down to enjoy, not work, you will be happier and they will like you better. Moved down in 98, no matter what you read that sounds official, it won't work that way. Read Don't Stop The Carnival, Like bywarren said, it was written in 1968??, you would swear it was written last Wednesday in San Pedro.
Good Luck

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 10:40 PM

Hi Lovey,
I knw who Charlene is.One of her friends tried some "bunnish" moves on me last time I was there.This SPQ was,at the time,a chef on board some boat.She was cool and all.I'm just saying...a couple of adult beverages and..poof Queens turn itno Bunnies!!LOL!It ain't such a bad term.I mean no harm.By the way.I turned down the bunny hop.Charlene and company are cool people.Let's just not go saying we are all that dawgone innocent.Yes,I am only forty.I think having grown up in NYC,I've lived/seen/met my share.
Decaf:Not for me.Any Japanese Green Tea down there?That'd be nice.
"Puka shells??"Is that the smiley icon?If not then I don't have a clue what you're refering to.
Sting:Someone asked me to post a photo so as to "vote me in" or not.lol.I figured the closer i resembled the "Skipper" on Gilligan's Island the better for me.Take it with a pinch of salt.Ain't nothin' but a thing.
Good chatting...

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 10:54 PM

LOVEY,
Is boscotti that little Italyan chick you hooked me up wit ? THANKS ! She were cool !!! laugh

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/08/04 11:43 PM

Well ,butter my butt and call me a biscuit! There you are you old reprobate. Just felt I had to let the poor boy know we Queen's have had such success in putting you in touch with your "feminine" side. Now it we can just stop you from scratching .

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 12:05 AM

Feminine side ? Which side ? ( I know which side I would choose). I'm a butt man. (yeah) laugh I'm with you, I think "coolcat" is too cool and should look at...... Devils Island ? smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 12:09 AM

**** me-Ernie -You drink decaf-What a wanker!!!

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 12:42 AM

Pedro, meet me at BC'c Thurs and I will let you buy me a decaf. But only if you keep a civil tongue. smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:09 AM

What time for that first cup of decaf and leave my tongue out of this-remember according to various people we can live here under 1500usd per month -shall we try for a week first and then branch out

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:18 AM

Oh, God , does this mean thurs. is going to be one of those "discover-the-hairy-primate-within" evenings. I will be sure to tell all the Queens who are not on sabbatical in the States to stay home. I'm sure this happy band of aspiring cavemen will be enjoying a group hug and a round of International Coffees. P.S. Ernie, Pedro just called to see what you're wearing Thurs. Night.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:34 AM

I'll be wearing a white string thinggie. AND, the first guy who winks at me (except Pedro) is in for a merry old tyme. BTW, who is the SPQ who was a chef on a boat? Have I been gone too long?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:39 AM

No- stay away longer

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:44 AM

No Can DO. I need my fix.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 02:05 AM

Ask Charlene, THink I know , but better not divulge here. Obviously an imposter. Charlene is going to have to watch this, we have our standards. No new Wannabes will be initiated until Jan. when we bestow the tiara and boas. We're considering a new motto, by the way. "Cuddle, hell!"

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 02:42 AM

PICK ME, PICK ME ! I want to be cuddled!

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 03:41 AM

Immising:T'was a couple of years ago...she was tall,wavy brown hair..don't recall a name.If I remembered it would not be too groovy to say.Nice enough bunny though smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 11:34 AM

CoolKitten, I feel I can call you this since we have established you are indeed young enough to be my son. The "lady" you make reference to, is also old enough to be your Mum by the way. She's also quite cool, but alas she is not a "SweetPotato Queen". You see there really is a "Sweet P. Queen" thing, and it is a very select group. One must serve at least a year in Wannabe status , kissing some serious a-- before being coronated(is that a word,Pedro?). Since you are hell bent on making this move, we will have to educate you on these fine points. Being from N.Y. does not count unless you can sing all the words to "Sweet Home Alabama". Best, Lovey

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:33 PM

I guess "coolcat" is trying to find a 6th borough in NY called Alabama. Lovey, say hi to your Spud Stud.

Ernie

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 01:48 PM

Ok, Ernie, I'll reveal her name. It was Liddy Dole. Not that the Lidster isn't a fine piece of Southern womanhood, but we don't really call her a "hottie". Your salutation has been passed to Thurston.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 03:02 PM

Yikes!!
I don't recall "Liddy" being THAT old!It's true that she was not a hottie.There oughta be a penilty for imostering an SPQ!!The nerve!
"Spud Stud?"So many terms...so little time.
I used to know most of the words...somethin' about "Niel Young could remember..?"It sounds better when one is trashed.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 03:25 PM

Yes, Kitten, there is so little time to get you ready for the big move. We haven't even gotten around to " Who's your deddy"/? or what kind of wardrobe you'll be bringing down. We are assuming being from N.Y. is will be all black. Leave it behind , we don't don't want you stickin' out like a hamhock in hummus.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 07:47 PM

Guess you've cottoned to a callin' me Kitten.Forwardly SPQish of you!Do go ahead and difine a died in the wool potato queen.I can't wait.
All black.So I see you have HEARD about NY.Not to be confused with the New Zeland rugby team!I never wore much cloths in A.C. in the past,necked but for shorts.Got go gettin' excited now!Even kittens can scratch! smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 08:06 PM

THE END

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/09/04 11:30 PM

New topic:Why is there such a shortage of good food in A.C.It seems like there is a perfect opportunity for demand but no supply?I am not a chef by any means so I cannot contribute.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 12:00 AM

WHAT THA HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? SHORTAGE OF GOOD FOOD ? I don't know who you have been talking to.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 12:12 AM

I don't need anyone's opinion.You've got some good rice/beans at Elvis,El Divino's,and...augh shucks..the place that has good tapas?Aside from that I found scores of little places that had so so meals.When i think of beaches and Central America,I think of awesome fish dishes...WHERE ARRE THEY??

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 12:17 AM

All the good restaurants are in New York-a perfect place for you to stay in-far too much whining from coolcat if you ask me-

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 12:39 AM

He's not whining. He is just having fun triping you guy's triggers. It would take more than this board could dish out to make a New Yorker whine. wink
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 01:19 AM

All this talk about fish on these boards today is making me hungry laugh I think I'll go get some not-so-fresh pressed grouper part patties.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 01:20 AM

Yeah, but now he's not going to get that kidney I promised him.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 01:23 AM

Thanks Warren,that the Big Apple spirit!Sounds like Pedro1's the whinner for real.I think he likes me deep down though.What's the matter Pedro...hey..wait a minute you just inadvertantly admitted that there are no good food houses in San Pedro!HAH!You ever been to NYC?Don't be scared now,tell the truth.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 01:30 AM

New Yorkers are food snobs (and I can testify firsthand to that because I have two kids who live there.) laugh

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 02:24 AM

Uh oh,we iz a name callin' now.No rebuttle Ckocian,what can I say..?When it's like that,it's like that.Yummy,such good food here though!You've got us hands down on the snorkling though.:)Tell me,are you an official SPQ/SPK member?

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 02:31 AM

Where's Pedro?He's probably at Fido's puttin' the moves on a New York tourist right now!!I've heard stories all the way back here.New York gurls say,"Buy Pedro a drink and he'll show ya his Icon!"There's more but P1's probably a good guy.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 02:45 AM

He is not
Posted By: Logan

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 02:50 AM

I can vouch for that wink

I'm lookin at him right now! He's up to no good....

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 04:51 PM

...irrespective of SPQ's,are there any REAL mamacitas residing in San Pedro Town?This would be in addition to locals.Judging from Peter's legendary predatory behavior..I fear tourists are the only salvation save for the few,the proud,the not yet dubbed SPQ's!

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/10/04 05:01 PM

I mean,a shortage of good food is one thing.. smile
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/11/04 09:05 AM

Sounds like you've already answered your own question.
Posted By: Kimmay

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/12/04 03:45 PM

I must say Peter does has an edge on picking up NY'ers; we are used to being insulted.
Posted By: Jock Dawson

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/12/04 04:27 PM

Peter is all bluster and blab, an old snaggle toothed limey wanker at heart. On the other hand he knows everything and is never wrong. Just ask him.

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/12/04 11:36 PM

The last time I was wrong I cut off one of my fingers-in fact I do that every time that I am wrong-amazingly enough I still have eight fingers and two thumbs.
Lets face the only reason Kimmay thought she was being insulted was when I threw her out of bed for not turning into a bacon sarni at 4.00 am -
Posted By: Kimmay

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/13/04 10:21 PM

Wow, Peter, you saying I DIDN'T turn into bacon (PIG reference)is the nicest thing you have ever said to me. smile

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/14/04 06:38 PM

Sweet Potato Queens? No kidding!!! Guess I sure missed it last winter. Loved the book. Maybe next time...Indygal

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/14/04 06:39 PM

Hey, Lovey are you back in Indiana for the summer?
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Moving to San Pedro - 06/15/04 07:59 AM

Hey Indygal.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board