AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: slats immigration costs - 02/02/05 09:22 PM
The last time I was in San Pedro for more than 30 days I went to immigration across from Fido's and paid $25bz to get my passport stamped and had to have $20us to leave the country. has anything changed?
Posted By: ChrisW Re: immigration costs - 02/02/05 09:56 PM
Yes I believe things have changed. Copied from a post Lan Sluder made about two weeks ago...

---SNIP---

"The US$50 fee is the renewal fee (per month) if visitors want to extend their tourist card after 30 days.

Exit tax by international air is US$35 or US$18.75 by land. By water you just pay the conservation fee US$3.75. Air exit taxes are now included in most international air tickets so tourists don't really squeal about the pinch, since there are so many air fees and taxes, especially from the U.S."

---SNIP---

In other words, you will need an extra $50 if you stay over a month and probably nothing extra if you leave by air (should be included in your ticket price).
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: immigration costs - 02/23/05 04:16 PM
Some things have changed. Especially for folks from certain countries who are for whatever reason not in favor with the current Government.
Check directly with immigration for information, and be sure to tell them passport you hold.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: immigration costs - 03/08/05 04:45 PM
Hi! So is it possible to stay there 3 1/2 months and get my passport renewed every 30 days? For up to 4 months or is this a problem?
Posted By: RICH GUY Re: immigration costs - 03/08/05 05:03 PM
I went to get my passport renewed yesterday. The girl inside wouldn't process me since it was a holiday. I asked her what she was doing there then, and she just said to answer any questions. I went there this morning and there she is, same girl. Stamped my passport.

I can just imagine trying to import something.
Posted By: seashell Re: immigration costs - 03/08/05 09:58 PM
Your passport or your visa?
Posted By: RICH GUY Re: immigration costs - 03/08/05 11:17 PM
they stamp passport with a visa extension.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: immigration costs - 03/09/05 03:39 PM
Government offices can not collect money and issue reciepts on public and bank holidays.

Reciept books and revenues need to be turned into Income Tax on a daily basis.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board