AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: siswoo first time in belize - 06/02/05 08:05 PM
hi. my boyfriend and i will be visiting belize for a week in august. it's half for vacation and half for investigating moving there someday. any tips you have will be appreciated!
thanks smile
Posted By: reaper Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 03:04 AM
Leave the boyfriend in California! laugh cool
Posted By: SP Daily Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 03:49 AM
Newly married and already greedy!!!
Posted By: reaper Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 04:01 AM
Not greedy....just good sound advice...why bring sand to the beach...and if siswoo isn't carefull she'll bring the boyfriend to SP and they'll fall in love and that will be it! laugh cool
Posted By: streetchie Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 01:56 PM
If you're really considering a move, you should spend a month or 2 here first.
Posted By: SimonB Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 02:52 PM
Try 3, that will give you time to be accustomed to the frequent bouts of alcohol poisoning that most newbies encounter. Not kidding, most people need that long to experience what island life will be like over the long term. The survivors are the ones you can't drag off the island with a bulldozer.

August, September and October are the best times as you'll see what life is like in slow season.
Posted By: siswoo Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 04:27 PM
Just curious, are these responses coming from people who actually live in belize? I'm not a college student looking for a cancun encounter... thanks to streetchie and simonB (minus the alcohol bit) for your sound advice.
Posted By: SimonB Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 04:34 PM
I've been here for 5 years (2.5 on AC, 2.5 on mainland), haven't left the country in 3 years, why bother. Do you still have those McDonalds restaurants up there?

S...
Posted By: Or Re: first time in belize - 06/03/05 08:43 PM
Hey Simon, now they say there is real chicken in the nuggets............. you have no idea what you are missing. laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board