AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sun&sand Boycott BTL - 05/04/06 05:00 PM
On Wednesday, May 17, it has been sugggested that everyone who possibly can, boycott BTL. This date is significant because it is "World Telecommunication Day". This information was taken from another forum in Belize and those on this board are also going to boycott BTL. Of course, any emergency/911/fire-rescue would have to maintain communications, but those who do not absolutely have to have connections should support the others who are trying to make an impact.
If I was there, I would certainly participate. I am very fond of the saying that "if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem." And, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
Both of these have a message in this particular subject. If you aren't willing to make an effort to change things, then you have no right to bitch and complain. Let's see how well it works. 24 hours with out using your phone/fax/internet. Can you do it? smile
Posted By: Chris Re: Boycott BTL - 05/05/06 04:46 PM
I saw this on another message board, seems like it might be a good idea:

"There is one way to get at BTL if they continue the VOIP blocking: Move your accounts from Belize Bank. See how much money Mr. Ashcroft is willing to lose on the Belize Bank side in order to halt the march of progress in Belize."
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Boycott BTL - 05/17/06 08:16 PM
sure is quiet around here today - the phone is NOT ringing any-a'tall.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board