AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region

Posted By: SimonB

Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 01:57 PM

Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region
By VOA News
16 November 2006

Leaders of Central American nations say they will work to make their region transparent and free of corruption.

Six presidents, plus representatives of Belize and the Dominican Republic, signed the pledge Wednesday during the 12th International Anti-Corruption Conference in Guatemala.

They declared that their primary goal is to build a fair, equal and transparent society in Central America.

Guatemalan President Oscar Berger said the declaration is an important document in the fight against corruption. He said corruption is the main obstacle to regional development. The presidents of Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Costa Rica also signed the declaration.

The anti-corruption conference in Antigua, Guatemala, has attracted about 1,200 officials and scholars from around the world. The meeting ends Saturday.
Posted By: coolbummings

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 02:48 PM

Doesn't this one belong in the Onion? laugh
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 03:03 PM

April Fool's Day already? Where's my calendar...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 03:08 PM

CatMo - it's nice to have you chiming in again! smile
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 03:13 PM

Just had a lull in what's been a busy few months. This place has remained pretty entertaining, though.

I'm off to my etiquette class.

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/17/06 03:23 PM

I'd love to hear how that works out for ya. laugh
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/18/06 02:55 AM

And to think Iím only up to Adequate 101.

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/18/06 03:50 AM

But you're a fast learner, right?
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/19/06 08:21 PM

Corrupt Leaders vow against corruption. Guess they need a 12 step recovery program...Corrupt Leaders Anonymous.
Posted By: coolbummings

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/19/06 08:39 PM

And supposedly this is not the first time that this treaty has been attempted? Too too funny! I'll take twelve steps...RIGHT TO THE NEXT BAR! wink laugh
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 11/20/06 11:03 PM

Have one for me.

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 12/02/06 02:16 AM

Something about turkeys and Christmas, or to you Americans, turkeys and Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Caye Connect

Re: Central American Leaders Vow to Create Corruption-Free Region - 12/02/06 03:27 AM

I think this latest news has inspired some folks:

http://bfic.wordpress.com/2006/11/24/musas-hypocritial-script/
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board