AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye

Posted By: deadserious

Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 07:28 PM

We are trying to start up a group discussion forum for land owners on the south end of Ambergris Caye. If you are a land owner and wish join in on the discussion, please request access using the following link:

http://groups.google.com/group/SouthAC
Posted By: elbert

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 07:35 PM

Deadsearious,
I really am not trying to be a smart a** but you should probably give boundaries like hmmmm. 'South of San Pedro...? is that what you mean?

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 07:37 PM

How about this...

if you think you own property on the south end of Ambergris Caye, you are welcome...

But when I created the group, I was thinking anything out of town to the south.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 08:18 PM

Got it :-)
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 08:26 PM

What is the purpose of this? Your objective? Selling something?
Why should I join?

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 08:45 PM

Selling nothing.

The main purpose is to facilitate communication between land owners who otherwise wouldn't have known each other. I'd like to to be a place where we can discuss common issues facing us, our properties and our businesses and to share information regarding proposed and ongoing developments in the area that could affect us positively or negatively.

But it doesn't all have to be serious and technical. We just all have a common interest in a particular area on an island that we love.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 11:04 PM

I'm still not sure of the boundaries. There's a world of difference between "south" and "deep south". And between owning a private residential house/plot, property for rental, property used for trading purposes (a shop), and land intended for development at some point in the future.

I endorse Elbert's & Jesse's questions - what's this about?
Posted By: JZB

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 11:09 PM

Its a nice idea but you will have to get more specific in area. Neighborhood news in Escalante will probably not interest anyone south of Holiday Lands. Where are you deadserious?
Posted By: Belize-N-Us

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 11:13 PM

Let's try this. How about "south" being defined as Holiday Lands, Boca Ciega, Club Caribean and the southern most tip.

How about property owners defined as anyone who owns property there for any reason.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 11:23 PM

My lot is in Boca Ciega, but I live in Las Vegas.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/11/08 11:33 PM

:-)
Posted By: scubawalk

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/12/08 02:15 PM

Instead of setting up a separate google group, how about asking Marty if you could set up a topic on this message Board. I'm sure there will be topics discussed on your group that may interest everyone on this board such as development in the South and "South Beach".
Posted By: 6string

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/12/08 03:39 PM

I don't own property anywhere in AC, but I am very interested in obtaining more info on properties, neighborhoods, etc.. especially in these areas that I know very little about. To that end, I would love to be a part of the discussion, at least until I have an area or neighborhood nailed down.. can I join?

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/12/08 06:05 PM

I like the idea of keeping a tight group of property owners who wish to discuss issues facing us. If people interested in ownership in that area wish to join, then I they are welcome, but the discussion goals should remain. If the discussion becomes cantankerous or misdirected due to such individuals, then we will lock it down to property owners only. We won't be filtering ideas so much as keeping the forum focused.

I'm not as interested in having others involved in any way. Sorry.

Regarding hosting the group here, Google allows us to host files and page content as well that would be useful to land owners. Marty's board doesn't really provide us such functionality. For now we'll use Google Groups. If that turns out not to be the best avenue, then that's fine too.
Posted By: armandogonzalez

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/13/08 02:48 AM

I APIECE OF AT THE NEW MARINA DOES THAT COUNT

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/13/08 02:53 AM

Sorry Armando, they don't know where that is.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/13/08 03:34 PM

This one?

[Linked Image]

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/13/08 03:37 PM

Or this one?

[Linked Image]

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/13/08 04:00 PM

Thats it!!!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/13/08 05:32 PM

shocked
Posted By: Tinkerbell

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/14/08 04:29 AM

JZB-exactly where are those 2 photos located?

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/14/08 03:20 PM

The first one is the new commercial marina on the west side of the island just south of town. The second photo is the land purchased by Caribbean Depot to be used as a barge site until the commercial marina is upgraded (or so I'm told). The property in the second photo is located 4 miles south directly infront of the Hol Chan Marine Reserve.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/14/08 03:29 PM

That is Eilys(sp)?So if I am correct that is from the road and towards the reef.
Is there a change from the road towards the lagoon?
Big change since January!

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/14/08 03:33 PM

Yes, the photo was taken from the road looking towards the reef. The opposite side, from the road looking towards the lagoon, has also been cleared of mangroves and looks like it is becoming a tire graveyard.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Cay - 02/14/08 09:48 PM

It is shame that this is permitted even if it is "temporary".

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 02/25/08 08:36 PM

bump

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/10/08 12:19 AM

Our google group already has 21 members and we are looking to contact more land owners in and south of Holiday Lands... If you own a house, lot or condo in Holiday Lands, Boca Ciega or Club Caribbean, then please sign up at http://groups.google.com/group/SouthAC/
Posted By: darrin fisher

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/10/08 02:28 AM

i was once a part of this group but have not been able to get on since. every time i hit the link it tells me an error has occured.

fish

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/10/08 06:23 PM

What error are you getting? This link works for me.

http://groups.google.com/group/SouthAC/

Maybe google was having a hiccup or something when you tried previously?
Posted By: darrin fisher

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/11/08 02:31 AM

error....request forbidden. still getting it. have tried several times in the last few weeks and cant figure it out.

fish
Posted By: RathaBnBelize

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/11/08 04:41 AM

For those of us that are not quite far enough south to join this group....any chance of an update on what is happening with this group?

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/11/08 05:18 AM

If you've already signed up, then try this. Go to groups.google.com and sign in there. You should then get a list of the groups you're subscribed to, including ours.

Re: Calling all land owners in South Ambergris Caye - 03/11/08 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by RathaBnBelize
For those of us that are not quite far enough south to join this group....any chance of an update on what is happening with this group?

Some good discussion that would likely get deleted from here. wink But all stuff that pertains directly to us southies.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board