AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Reef Village

Posted By: flyfisherman

Reef Village - 04/19/08 02:40 PM

New photos of the village are posted at April photos of Reef Village for anyone interested.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Reef Village - 04/19/08 10:23 PM

Reef Village gets my vote for the "Ugliest Condo/Timeshare in All of Belize." And the timeshare hustlers there are neck and neck with Captain Morgan's as the most obnoxious.

--Lan Sluder

Posted By: elbert

Re: Reef Village - 04/19/08 10:25 PM

Amen
Posted By: ERT

Re: Reef Village - 04/19/08 11:20 PM

I don't know about the hustlers, but I have to agree on the tasteless, tasteless, tasteless exterior of Reef Village.
Posted By: ERT

Re: Reef Village - 04/19/08 11:21 PM

I did not intend for that smily face to be on my post. Nothing about Reef Village makes me smile.
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Reef Village - 04/20/08 05:22 AM

And whats with the 3" rope speed bumps?
With a 4" one right in front of the Time Share Booth?
Did too good of a job grading the road I guess.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Reef Village - 04/20/08 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First
Reef Village gets my vote for the "Ugliest Condo/Timeshare in All of Belize." And the timeshare hustlers there are neck and neck with Captain Morgan's as the most obnoxious.

--Lan Sluder

Ditto.....but if I had posted this comment one of the watch dogs would have shut the thread down wink
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Reef Village - 04/20/08 05:35 PM

Those "illegal" rope speed bumps is responsible for breaking one of the leaf springs on one of the rental golf carts.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reef Village - 04/21/08 04:10 AM

There used to be rope speed bumps further up the road towards your place, Harriette. Were they removed after a complaint?
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Reef Village - 04/21/08 05:00 AM

No Pedro2, They are still there, just kinda got somewhat absorbed by the road.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Reef Village - 04/21/08 06:47 PM

I imagine if people would drive the speed limit (and sober), there would be no need for speed bumps (self policing).

As far as being ugly, ya'll walking on thin ice.

Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Reef Village - 04/21/08 07:31 PM

Peter You are absolutely correct - too bad I canít control my neighbors. I suggested to my caretaker that he attach a hook to the back of the golf cart and we drag them home. Ropes look really greet defining a garden area. He said we didn't need that kind of trouble. That's what I mean by care-taker! He keeps me out of trouble.

The really funny thing about these rope cops is that it seems the faster idiots drive the fewer bumps they get going over them. The motor bikes and ATV's seem to be the worst offenders. The drivers just stand up and ride like they were on a horse.

But heck - these are petty problems that give us something to grumble about since we seem powerless to do anything about real problems.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board