AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Wings department store - 05/04/08 12:48 AM
For our non-resident friends, I'm pleased to say that Wings has re-opened for business. They've worked very hard to deal with the aftermath of what was a severe fire.
Posted By: debbief Re: Wings department store - 05/04/08 05:11 AM
That's good news! We drove by on our last trip in March and it looked like they were hard at work getting things back in shape. We'll be down in July and will try to stop in for a little shopping. Thanks for the update!
Posted By: azbob Re: Wings department store - 05/04/08 06:10 AM
Very good news.
Posted By: kerry Re: Wings department store - 05/04/08 06:33 AM
great to hear that...loved that store!
Posted By: mcshopsalot Re: Wings department store - 05/04/08 07:12 AM
they aren't technically reopened - there is no electricity in the building. this weekend they are liquidating the merchandise that was not damaged by the fire. once they are finished with the liquidation, they will close and rebuild. monica says this will take 8-9 months, but as well all know this will actually be more like a year or so in belize-time. monica is anxious to get things back in order as we all would be if this happened to us. the grand re-opening is well anticipated by all!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wings department store - 05/04/08 01:39 PM
Thanks for that clarification. I was just going on what I saw as I cycled past. Didn't have time to stop to look for bargains!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Wings department store - 05/06/08 11:02 PM
The advertisement in the paper I saw looked like there were some good deals on whatever was left. Also saw people leaving with full or 1/2 full bags.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Wings department store - 05/07/08 03:43 AM
Went today. Yes, definately a liquidation sale. A mixture of very well priced items mixed with a few items higher priced than in other stores. Overall an excellent "fire sale"
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet Re: Wings department store - 05/07/08 04:07 AM
Good to hear they are re-opening.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board