AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: CajunQueen Schools - Especially for Elementary age - 08/12/09 01:30 AM
We are thinking of moving to AC. I have done a search through the forums with no luck on finding anything about Education on AC - especially for the Elementary school age. What are the opinions of the schools?
A quick search brought up the following threads:

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/293149/Searchpage/2/Main/31200/Words/schools/Search/true/elementary_schools_on_AC.html#Post293149

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/256642/Searchpage/2/Main/27295/Words/schools/Search/true/Education_Good_Schools.html#Post256642
Dead,

I appreciate your quick response, but none of those had personal experiences/opinions of either Island Academy or San Pedro. Those links also were a coulple of years old. Thanks for any input!
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Schools - Especially for Elementary age - 08/12/09 01:49 AM
Tomorrow morning you can get some good info from Amanda Syme
Posted By: SimonB Re: Schools - Especially for Elementary age - 08/12/09 02:47 AM
Knowing the exact age would be helpful. Some schools are the best up to a certain year but the next one may be better for just another year older.
Hi Simon,

He is in the 1st Grade. Also I cannot find any calendars online for the schools. That would be helpful too.

Good morning - I was just too tired to turn on the computer last night. CajunQueen I have had 3 children attend the island academy. The school office is currently open and I would recommend that you call to see if there are any spaces available in first grade. The public/church assisted schools are always full to capacity - and many kids are turned away. Your best bets will be to apply to the Island Academy, Ambergris Caye Elementary School or La Isla Bonita - I can get numbers for you.

School is set to start on August 24 for Island Academy. I think the other schools are starting in September.
Thanks Amanda,

Is there tuition for those schools? What grades are yours in? What about the transition from schools in the states?

Thanks
It would be best if you call the schools to get the most accurate info. Yes the schools I have mentioned are private schools and the tuition rates range from $200 - 600 per month depending on school, grade and whether or not books are included. There are registration fees too. My son is in the year before grade 1.

I don't know what documentation you will need, but you can get a student visa for your child once he is enrolled.

Call Island Academy at 011-501-226-3642
Isla Bonita 011-501-226-3754
ACES 011-501-226-4323
Posted By: seashell Re: Schools - Especially for Elementary age - 08/14/09 01:42 AM
That would be in BZ dollars, Amanda?
yep
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board