AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dutch Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 04:58 PM
Just moved into my condo and the TV remote doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where I can find a universal remote control in town? Also need to buy a coffee maker as there is not one in my 'fully furnished condo'. Can't make coffee with a blender, and can't get awake without coffee. Haven't had time to search out these items yet. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 05:03 PM
Castillo's (by San Pedro Supermarket) will have both.
Posted By: JZB Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 05:15 PM
Caye supplies has both as well.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 05:20 PM
Thanks for the help. Off to the store!
Posted By: Barnacle Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 05:45 PM
here's a popular model,, Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posted By: Dutch Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 06:32 PM
Barn,

Any idea where I can get that model? The JVC website is no help...no price is too high!
Posted By: Barnacle Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 07:14 PM
sorry,, i believe that's the only known sample.
The Arab supermarkets also sell conventional universal remotes. I used to have one that made tea (it was English) but I haven't seen a coffee-making one.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 08:41 PM
Yeah, I had to buy 2 seperate items to accomplish those tasks.

Potential inventors...this could be the next big thing.

Thanks Peter.
Posted By: Barnacle Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 08:49 PM
i have always said "you gotta be one hell of a lazy bastard that you can't just tell your wife to get up and go switch the channel."
Posted By: Dutch Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 08:51 PM
Or single...
Posted By: Barnacle Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 08:53 PM
i guess one could lead to the other,,,

once when the batteries died in my remote, i had to scoot my chair a bit closer so i could poke the channel button with a pool cue.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/29/09 08:57 PM
That's what I like about you Barn, you overcome most any challenge with such simple grace.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Need Universal Remote and coffee maker - 10/30/09 12:38 PM
OMG.... what a funny thread. Men! wink Ya gotta love their humor smile
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board