AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Just called Capt Sharks to find some pepper spray...they've just sold out this week. Imagine that. Anyone know where I can get some for late night drives home from the Tacklebox.
I have some. You are welcome to borrow my spray until you can get some. I know you have to travel at night and it is worrying. Let me know if you need it. Colette
suggest you try carrying a can of off - that burns when it gets in your eyes, it has a strong spray - goes far.

I carry a foghorn with me too.
Thanks guys. The OFF idea sounds like a good one.
I think that jewels might have an extra pepper spray, i will check and see, if she does and bring it by!
Thanks very much. Capt Sharks says 2 more weeks for a new supply.
This so San Pedro - pepper spray is illegal - but hey, so is mugging. I'm all for the spray but after you use it, toss the can or you might end up arrested.
Please keep in mind you can only use the Pepper spray Indoors.

Outside, the most of the time its to windy, or think what happens when you have to spray against the wind, the most will be in your own face.
That is an excellent observation Cayemen - that is a huge factor here on the caye where it tends to be windy most of the time.
A can of wasp spray (12 foot shot)may work for now smile
If you are in the House, then it always good to have a spray cane of Baygon or even better a oily spray paint next to the door.

If you spry in the eyes and in the face it will knock anybody down. The spray paint has a other advantage, if the criminal goes to a doctor with a green or pink head and swollen eyes, it will be easy for the police to catch him.
Tyler, thanks so much for the pepper spray. Going home right now to read the directions.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board