AmbergrisCaye.com Home
i have gotten on some of the shipping sites and tried to calculate the cost of shipping a 20 foot or 40 foot container from the gulf of mexico to belize but i was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark figure of what the actual cost would be?
Check BLS on Albert Street in Belize City, they shipped a container from Houston to Belize for me and I thought the cost was resonable they can be contacted at: 227 1710 or [email protected] [email protected]
It should be about $4,000US.
You will also pay sales tax (GST) on the cost of shipping. Likewise on the insurance on the goods. Add 12.5% to the shipping costs.
And I believe you also pay the sales tax after the duties have been assessed and paid. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Contact Roy and Nena Pascascio in L.A. They are from Belize and have been shipping from the U.S. for more than twenty years. You will be amazed. Hope this helps. Their phone:323.580.2891
Sales tax (GST) on value of goodies plus their duty - Ron is correct.
Not sure how or if this applies to goods brought in duty-free under QRP though.

I strongly recommend NOT shipping anything you can purchase here. If you are going to live here, it is in your own best interest to spend your money here and help a lagging local economy.

Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
You will also pay sales tax (GST) on the cost of shipping. Likewise on the insurance on the goods. Add 12.5% to the shipping costs.

I just had to pay duty on the fuel it took to drive from Canada to Belize as well! And then you will probably have to pay GST on top of that.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board