AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Live and Invest in Belize seminar?

Posted By: spike_strip

Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/23/10 04:41 PM

Hello All,

First time posting hear.

I am considering attending the Live and Invest in Belize seminar, which is in Belize City on June. This will be my first trip to Belize. laugh

Has anyone attended this specific seminar in the past, or can anyone vouch for the individuals who will be speaking at thins conference?

Short speaker list: Michael Cobb, Lief Simon and Joel Nagel

...plus others...

Thanks in advance...

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 02:48 AM

OK...I know I am new hear but no one has any feed back[?] frown

Hear is a link to the web site associated with the seminar; web address: http://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/belize-conference10/

...any feedback is much appreciated...!
Posted By: kerry

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 03:02 AM

oh my...keep your money and check belize out on your own...been coming down here for many years, and i have never heard of this seminar or these people...
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 04:30 AM

Haven't been but think it's probably ok legally. They aren't going to tell you anything particularly earth-shadering as big brother (US) has Belize in their hip pocket.

Frankly, it would be great if Belize would be a real tax haven for US citizens, but not able or willing at this point to seriously recruit retirees.
Posted By: Keller

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 07:16 AM

They would probably expect you to stay in Belize City and that would suck. They are also not even paying for your room. It would be like WalMart charging you a cover charge to get in the door to sell you stuff. I agree with kerry. "OH my..keep your money and check out Belzie on your own."
Posted By: beachbumin

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 02:48 PM

For the price of the seminar, you could have a nice vacation and get the facts you need from talking to people living and working in San Pedro. Based on the people involved in the seminar, they will be wanting to sell you a place in their soon to be built development, Grand Baymen and depositing money into their bank, Caye International Bank.
Posted By: Brandon C

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 03:16 PM

Did i read that right? You have to pay $1100 for a seminar trying to sell you something? That doesn't even include the room. Sounds shady.

Seriously though, you can find all the answers you need here by searching. Good luck.
Posted By: wasntme

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 03:45 PM

If you dont know the difference between "hear" and "here" after 3 tries, you deserve what you get with this seminar

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by beachbumin
Based on the people involved in the seminar, they will be wanting to sell you a place in their soon to be built development, Grand Baymen and depositing money into their bank, Caye International Bank.

Thanks for this information...it appears that they are affiliated with ECI Development which is the company that is developing Grand Baymen

Posted By: elbert

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 04:27 PM

Dumb!
Go to BC's, buy the house a round and get some much more useful info!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 04:41 PM

And run this "seminar" at various places all around the globe. Isn't this the same "outfit" that recently did a seminar at Exotic Caye?

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by klcman
And run this "seminar" at various places all around the globe. Isn't this the same "outfit" that recently did a seminar at Exotic Caye?

Yes, they do travel and do the same type of seminar in other locations. I do not know if Exotic Caye was one or not...
Posted By: yoyo

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 06:47 PM

Hi I am new to this site but have been looking at a vacation to Belize with our two young children 4 and 7 years. Does anyone have any suggestions for rentals near or on the beach??

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by yoyo
Hi I am new to this site but have been looking at a vacation to Belize with our two young children 4 and 7 years. Does anyone have any suggestions for rentals near or on the beach??

Start a new thread for your topic. It is generally not polite to use someone thread as your own.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 10:02 PM

They are the same group of people that run Exotic Caye.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 10:09 PM

No "seminar" run by people with an obvious financial interest is worth attending. Come here for a few weeks and talk to people. Start with some of the honest realtors and move on to the local business community. Whenever you're given "advice" always question the motives of the person giving it - especially here.

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Corbin

Start a new thread for your topic. It is generally not polite to use someone thread as your own.

HAH....you have a lot to learn about ACMB. Or, is there a new sheriff in town?

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by klcman
Originally Posted by Corbin

HAH....you have a lot to learn about ACMB. Or, is there a new sheriff in town?

I have nothing to learn...it appears you are the one who needs to learn something about me. Do not hijack my thread, or this will be my first and last thread.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 10:42 PM

Hey Kic, are you shaking in yer boots yet? grin
Posted By: kerry

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 11:06 PM

how rude to a newbie...hopefully corbin, it will be your last!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 11:15 PM

He skeered me !

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/24/10 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by papashine
Hey Kic, are you shaking in yer boots yet? grin

shaking......shaking...shaking.....locked the doors, pulled the blinds, turned off the lights.

Somebody has delusions of grandeur laugh
Posted By: seashell

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 04/25/10 07:45 AM

All in favor of Corbin's last self-promotional post, say Aye!
Posted By: Nancy1340

Re: Live and Invest in Belize seminar? - 05/03/10 01:36 AM

Thread drift is part of the fun of this joint. LOL
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board