AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: A C How to send free text messages to bz cell phones - 05/17/10 05:34 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before but this works, I've tested a few times.

Pretty awesome.

Link:
Click here to visit http://www.freetext.bz/

Example:
[Linked Image]

Pretty neat! Very good for people in the states that need to get ahold of an expat/belizean in a hurry.

enjoy

AC
I could not get the link to work
Doesn't work for me either...
Nada here....
Worked for me. Don't use the link. Just type freetext.bz in your browser.
Phish is right.
Put it in browser or Google it!!
yeah the site 100% works they do however they have dns issues i think, when I click the link it comes up broken. then when i hit refresh it shows up fine.

enjoy
Took about 2 hours to get the message once it was sent--but hey-Free!!!
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach

sucks frown all the ones i tested were within seconds.
I sent one just now and had a call from the recipient within a couple of minutes. Great facility! Thanks for posting this.

Should have said - I sent it from my computer here in Belize, with no VPN running (so it's clearly detectable that I'm here).
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach

it can take hours or even the next day sometimes to get text messages within belize on a regular digicell phone too sometimes.
My cousin tried it from Canada a while back and the text came fast.
free for the sender, but what about the receiver?
Only in America (as far as I know) do you have to pay to receive a call/message on a mobile phone. In Britain and I believe the whole of Europe it would be illegal. In Belize we don't pay to receive calls, only to make them.
Originally Posted by klcman
free for the sender, but what about the receiver?

incoming texts are free. that being said, this isnt a regular text/data message. Im not sure how exactly it works. I will test and check my minutes, then send a message then check again to see if i got charged anything. brb...

1 minute later... yeap no difference in my balance. So confirmed this is free on both ends.

Thumbs up
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board