AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Portofino Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 08/11/10 10:57 AM
Steve O'Dell is back again:
Originally Posted by Steve O'Dell
Subject: reservations...please foward to the owner,mgr, or marketing
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:42:38 -0400

I remember when I came here 3 years ago, tourism was bustling, and there were visitors' everywhere. Every part of Belize was feeling it. It was great wasn't it? Since that day I have been here; filming resorts, attractions, industries, performers. etc., everyone who I felt was relative to Belize and was willing to pay me....

Here are some related subjects about the man:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/283362/
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/317086/
For your information
Posted By: shuffles Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 08/11/10 04:00 PM
I can't believe that he had the balls to send this email out again, particularly to us!
Posted By: elbert Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 08/12/10 04:02 PM
Send him to Grand Belizean Estates!
HE IS NOT ONLY "BACK' BUT WAS FEATURED ON CHANNEL SEVEN NEWS LAST NIGHT. SOMEBODY WHO WAS DIRECTLY SCAMMED NEEDS TO GET ON THE AIR, IN TOUCH WITH BTB/BITA ETC AND KEEP OTHERS FROM BEING SCAMMED TOO.

Check the channel 7 posting of last night's news - it's a huge ad for the guy, complete with info on how to contact him and hire him.

EEEEEEEK
Posted By: Barnacle Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 08/14/10 02:07 PM
now THAT'S funny!
Posted By: Marty Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 08/14/10 02:13 PM
Looking Swell For O'Dell

If you watched Channel 7 last night at 9:30 or any other Thursday night recently, you'll know who Steve O'Dell is. Steve O'dell has been traveling around Belize visiting over 120 resorts on his show, "Belize Good News Broadcast". He's been showing Belizeans a glimpse of their own country in way they may never have seen. Now, he's taking it to the next step teaming up with a major American Cable provider, Comcast.

He says his show will be able to be seen in Houston, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee. That's a lot of eyeballs and he told us what this means for Belize.

Steve O'dell, Film Producer
"Well it means that tourism can come back in big way now in the American market at least. With this first production we will be reaching Houston Texas which is the primary destination for these resorts that they want to go to because of the cheapest airlines ticket. Also we will be going at this same time to Nashville Tennessee, so we will be reaching over half a million people all at once through this platform known as 'video on demand' so for 30 days people can access our episodes of Belize Goodnews Broadcast - Greatest Places On Earth - The Belize Episodes, and they can watch these resorts and attractions they can call in and make reservations etc."

Emaun Hyde
"Do you believe that them being able to see videos that you guys have made and do you think it will make a big difference for the tourism industry?"

Steve O'dell, Film Producer
"Of course it will. I've taken 3 years in perfecting this between my wife and I think our videos have a good feeling to them and they are very well received both here and abroad and we love Belize, it shows with our lives, it shows with the way we cover things and also the way that it is covered. We've successful with this for those reasons and there just no way to go but up."

More information about this distribution deal is available on his website and you can find a link to that at www.belizeontv.com

Story at http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=17585

Posted By: t42 Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/06/10 03:22 PM
So whats his story??
If you want to know more details search his name in the message board threads - I think some of the sordid history of this person can be found there.
Posted By: Portofino Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/20/10 02:41 AM
He just sent this one to 496 (visible) email addresses. This guy is a spam nightmare!
Originally Posted by Steve O'Dell
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:47 PM
Subject: Hello Belize tourism entities

Steve O'Dell
Producer of "Belize Good News Broadcast" &

"Greatest Places on Earth... the Belize episodes"
Airing this month in Houston, Nashville & Belize www.belizeontv.com

Hello Belize tourism entities,
As you read this, my television show "Belize Good News Broadcast" is being seen by 888,000 households in Houston, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee. This is truly exciting news for all of Belize! Last month.......

And finally....I believe that it is obvious to all who take the time to look....
that I am the only one who has ever taken the time (and resources)
to film this entire country and then put it on TV for all of Belize to see,
and now I take Belize to the U.S. each month in a way that all can afford.
My plan, from the beginning, was to impact tourism & now that plan is being fulfilled.
Allow me to help...

Sincerely,
Steve O'Dell
cell: 628-2468
Since one of the TV stations gave him a free advert/feature article a little while back, it gave him creds. Jan or somebody with direct experience - can you contact the tv and/or Junior / BTIA and get the word out to people on the guy?
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/20/10 04:14 PM
...Someone should send a reply back to all the (visible) e-mail addresses and simply say:

"Dear Steve, speaking for everyone here copied on this e-mail, with all due respect, go F yourself. Please choose another country to subject to your idiocy. Best, Belize."
Posted By: shuffles Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/20/10 04:40 PM
How's this?

Dear Mr. O'Dell,

Please take me off your email list. After paying for your meals, your transportation, and your room, and getting nothing in return except snide remarks, insults, and a thirty second video of the toilet in one of our rooms, I am sure that we will not be using your services.

I see that you have managed to somehow worm your way into the tourism hierarchy in Belize. Great for you. All of us whom you have scammed, cheated, and then complained about to other hotels or businesses here, will definitely not be using your services, whatever you purport them to be.

Since you have sent this email to many in the tourism sector in Belize, I think it only fair and just for them to receive this news about you up front, before they take the time to pay for your flight, water taxi, hotel, taxi, and meal tickets, and put up with your condescending attitude.

I would strongly suggest that you take your second rate video camera and your crappy attitude to some other country where the tourism sector is not yet apprised of your inability to perform in any capacity to promote either their businesses or tourism in their country as a whole.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/20/10 06:48 PM
sounds good. hit "send" ;-)
Posted By: shuffles Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/21/10 02:09 PM
Does anyone have anything else they would like me to add?
Maybe if you want to know what this man is doing, you want to be ON his mail-list, not off it.
The point of this whole expose is to stop the guy from taking advantage of innocent others. Maybe it is useful to know that he's back on the spam-trail so that you can you alert others and help them?
I think probably if you get the local media (SP Sun and AC Today plus Channel 5) plus BTB and BTIA informed, they will support the program of getting the word out about him?

Posted By: SFJeff Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/23/10 03:32 AM
So I sent Steve a quick note politely asking him to remove us from his mailing list and to not e-mail again... ever. His reply was rather rude:

"Sorry, we looked for your e-mail address under Azul, info@, and reservations@ but didn't find it. We see your address now and will remove it. Thanks for being so shitting... Steve O'Dell Producer"

I thought you might all enjoy my reply:

Steve,

Please remove "Azul" completely... Both info@ as well as any individual e-mail addresses you might have.

Furthermore, "shitting" is the present participle of "shit"... Therefore, it is impossible for me to "be" shitting (in terms of a manner in which to act... I can obviously be in the act OF shitting, which I do once or twice a day, depending on what I have eaten, but I don't think that was what you were trying to thank me for???)

For behavior,

I can be a shit.

I can be or act shitty.

But I cannot "be so" shitting.

Best,

Jeff
Posted By: JZB Re: Be Aware! Steve O'Dell is back again. - 09/23/10 03:15 PM
Too funny Jeff!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board