AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Looking for a hotel close to town!

Posted By: EWalsh716

Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/13/10 11:08 PM

Hi everyone...

My husband and I are going to be in San Pedro Sept 29th for about a week and I am looking for a cheep hotel (we don't need resort style). We are looking for something sanitary but not high end since we wont be in our room most of the time. If anyone knows of any discount hotels in the area can you please help me out? Thank you!! Hope everyone is having an awesome day!!!
Posted By: bobcat bill

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/14/10 12:31 AM

Rubys,Conch Shell & Spindrift are in close to town
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/14/10 01:11 AM

I always hear that Ruby's (Front Street) and Pedro's Inn (a little South of town) have the best rates on decent rooms intown...

If you wanted to come North a bit, I can vouch for Ak'Bol. SImilar rates for a cool little cabana and you get the whole Island experience...
Posted By: tortuga.chica

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/14/10 02:37 PM

Ruby's is an good choice. But keep in mind, it is a very, very basic hotel. Really a "back-packer type". But the rooms are clean. I have stayed their twice.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/15/10 04:42 AM

What is your price range? At this time of year, there's a good chance of getting much better accommodation for only slightly more than a super budget room.
Posted By: FlowerChild

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/15/10 10:19 PM

If you don't plan to be in your room much and want a hotel in town then choose Ruby's. Prices can be as low as $30 US.
Posted By: EWalsh716

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/16/10 09:00 PM

Thank you everyone!! you all have been very helpful!
Posted By: Nancy1340

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/17/10 12:40 AM

We have stayed at Ruby's twice. We love it. Some rooms are "backpacker" style but there are 4 that have beach front views. Two up and two down. Basic would be a better description. ;-)
Posted By: tortuga.chica

Re: Looking for a hotel close to town! - 09/17/10 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy1340
We have stayed at Ruby's twice. We love it. Some rooms are "backpacker" style but there are 4 that have beach front views. Two up and two down. Basic would be a better description. ;-)

You are quite correct, "basic" would be a much better description. On my last visit, I stayed in one of the rooms facing the ocean. It was quite nice. Only one drawback with that particular room (#12)...it was at the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor, so it was as bit noisy when folks were coming and going. My sleep patterns were a bit disrupted, but the view I had each morning made up for it. Will stay there again, I am certain.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board