AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: changosgal BAHA fax - 09/30/10 09:10 PM
I've been trying for 2 days to fax my application to import my dog. I've tried 2 different fax #s. One I got of the web the other one I called to get. I can't get either to go through. Anyone have a # that works....I'm faxing from Illinois.
Posted By: sandyb Re: BAHA fax - 09/30/10 09:19 PM
The best way is to scan it and then email. I had trouble with the fax# as well, I think maybe the fax line & phone line are the same line.
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: BAHA fax - 10/02/10 07:22 PM
I emailed mine as well. However, they will fax the approval back to you and I had quite a bit of trouble receiving the document (multiple fax machines later, I had it in my hand for the flight).
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: BAHA fax - 10/03/10 03:39 PM
I have found that following up with a phone call each time I fax or e-mail seems to keep the process moving....My dog and I have made the trip several times (she now has a BAHA passport) and the guys at the airport are super great to me and to my Sophia....Thank you BAHA
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: BAHA fax - 10/04/10 05:03 AM
emailing the information is what I have always done,it is best as you receive a writen reply which I suggest you print for your travels. You need to specifically request a reply in your email. You need as much documentation leaving the states and arriving Belize, both ends have given me trouble yet we've flown over 5 times and meet all requirements.
Nadime
[email protected]
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/04/10 05:33 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have e-mailed the app. I hope it works!
Posted By: Mike S Re: BAHA fax - 10/05/10 12:29 AM
I just faxed an application today and it went through. The number was 011-501-824-4889 attention Ms Melody Robateau who is Administrative Assistant/Permit officer. I asked in my cover letter to fax my permit back to me when it is approved. Now the question is will I get a response. I will let you know. Please let me know how the email route goes because I may have to try that if I don't hear back from them. Good luck.
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/05/10 02:00 AM
That's the same number I tried to fax. It wouldn't go through tried at least 4 times and 2 different days. Maybe I'll try faxing again if I don't hear anything in a couple days.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: BAHA fax - 10/06/10 04:45 AM
Call this number after you email both [email protected] and [email protected] Ms.Nadine Hegar. They will check the email immediately.
822-0818
Best wishes for safe travels. Woof!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/08/10 04:32 AM
Thanks I Do I'll give it a try in the morning.
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 05:46 PM
I am posting this on behalf of a friend who is trying to get permits for their dog.

Any advice would be appreciated!

"I am becoming a little frantic with the dog import problem. I sent emails as you suggested then called BAHA. When I asked for Ms Nadime Hegar, I was told that there was no such person at BAHA. I find this very odd, because I have delt with Ms Hegar for the last several years. She has always been helpful. I was refered to Juliana Guerra. She gave me her personal email address and told me the information needed for the permit. I sent the information to her and to [email protected]. but I can get no response. I do not know whether anyone has received my emails. Do you know if Nadime Hegar is still at BAHA and how I can reach her? "

Thank you!
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 07:01 PM
Wow, If I didn't know better I would have thought I was the one writing that. Besides being told there is no one by Ms Nadine Hegar they tell me the person I need to talk to is out for lunch or just stepped away.
I asked to just let me know they have received my e-mail...nothing.
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 09:11 PM
Sounds like this is an opportunity for improvement! Can anybody out there help? My friends (and I am sure changosgal) are on a schedule and need to get a response from them. Thanks!
Posted By: kathyw Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 09:15 PM
I don't know if the girl I worked with at Baha is still around but her name is Jerlyn Forman and her e-mail is [email protected] She would write back to me within one day.
Good Luck
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 10:39 PM
I gave it a shot. Thanks Kathy!
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/12/10 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by kathyw
I don't know if the girl I worked with at Baha is still around but her name is Jerlyn Forman and her e-mail is [email protected] She would write back to me within one day.
Good Luck

That worked she sent me an email telling me I should have it by Thursday. Thanks again Kathy.
Posted By: kathyw Re: BAHA fax - 10/13/10 12:16 AM
I'm just glad Jerlyn was still there and got back to you so fast.
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/15/10 02:21 AM
Thanks for all the help. I received my permit today as promised.
Snoopysmom I hope your friend was also able to get theirs.
Posted By: ragman Re: BAHA fax - 10/15/10 12:44 PM
I'm planning on going through this for a flight down about Jan. 15th. How soon should I start this process? Do I just Email BAHA and they will send me an application? I kind of dread the heartburn that I know is ahead with getting my best friend down there with me.

One of the first problems is going to be to find a fax near me where they can fax the permit but I guess that will be the least of it. I wished they would just scan it and email it.

I've started by reading everything available on this subject and buying a kennel which I now have Zeke trained to go into on command. I leave him in there for up to an hour so far and he seems comfortable. I will extend the time soon and move on to the next steps.

Thanks
Posted By: changosgal Re: BAHA fax - 10/15/10 05:27 PM
Jim I printed the application off the BAHA website. Scan and email it and asked them to email it back. After using Jerlyn for a contact it only took a couple days.
Posted By: ragman Re: BAHA fax - 10/15/10 07:57 PM
Did they email it back to you? I probably misunderstood that it was faxed back to you. Thanks
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: BAHA fax - 10/19/10 04:57 PM
Update from my friends that were trying to make contact with BAHA:

"Jerlyn Tucker proved to be a great contact. We have the permit. I
doubt that we would have ever gotten it without her"

Jerlyn Forman's e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge!!!!
Posted By: ragman Re: BAHA fax - 10/20/10 01:58 AM
On the 15th I requested an application by email and I'm still waiting. I have plenty of time but I can see where this could turn out to be a real hassle. frown
Posted By: swanno Re: BAHA fax - 10/20/10 07:27 PM
Ragman
Just sent you a PM re the application form. I have a copy for you
Posted By: Maya House Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Judyann H.
I have found that following up with a phone call each time I fax or e-mail seems to keep the process moving....My dog and I have made the trip several times (she now has a BAHA passport) and the guys at the airport are super great to me and to my Sophia....Thank you BAHA

Is there really a BAHA passport? If so, how do you go about getting one? I bring my dogs down every year, and would love to expedite the process. We're always the last ones through after going through customs, BAHA inspection and then paying for everything. Last time, even though we had everything in order, and didn't slow the process down at all, Tropic ended up having to bring in another plane for us as we missed the last one of the day. (Gotta LOVE Tropic!!)
Posted By: swanno Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 06:35 PM
Mayahouse
We bring down our dog 4-5 times each year
Yes there is a pet passport which is valid for 1 year it costs $100. You will need to provide a US vet certificate of health. Once you have the passport you just pay a BZ 20 "inspection fee" each time you arrive and you need to have a current US certificate of health.
Jerlyn Tucker at BAHA is always helpful getting our pet passport. We arrived yesterday and our passport was waiting at BAHA for us.
If you contact Jerlyn she can E mail you a application form or E mail me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy

Posted By: Judyann H. Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 07:35 PM
MayaHouse.....I sent you a PM on the Passport info I have.....My current Pet Passport is due to expire in December and I'm up to get another....I'll let you know how it goes....
Posted By: Maya House Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 08:58 PM
You guys are great. Thanks so much for the response and help!
Posted By: Maya House Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 09:11 PM
Does anyone have the phone number for Jerlyn Tucker? None of the three BAHA numbers I have used in the past have been answering since I started calling yesterday morning.
Posted By: swanno Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 10:55 PM
Jerlyn's number is 226-4794
Remember its a holiday here (Garifuna day). Try them on Monday
Posted By: Maya House Re: BAHA fax - 11/19/10 11:25 PM
Thanks again! (That's why I tried calling them starting yesterday, but I'm sure it's the same everywhere, we all like to start those holidays as early as possible!) ;-)
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board