AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Hey people,If you always stay or live in San Pedro or another Cayes... I am appreciated if you could help me to answer below these questions for my survey work.

Question 1.
What's the must buy on your top "three" shopping lists while you are in Belize City?

Question 2.
If your shopping list has food, would you choose Vacuum food compare to another "can" food or any "raw material" food? why?

Question 3
What flavor of vacuum food you would buy? (multiple choice)
a)Vegetable
b)Chicken
C)pork
d)beef
e)other

Question 4
What type of Non-staple food you want to eat with vacuum food?
a)rice
b)bread
c)noodle
d)tortillas
e)other

Question 5
How much you would buy vacuum food for one person meal with your rice, bread, noodle or tortillas?
a)below 4bz
b)5bz
c)6bz
d)7bz
e)above 8bz

Question 6
If you can afford vacuum food, will you treat vacuum food as
a)fast food for sometime
b)regular meal
c)emergency food
Sorry, if I go to Belize City, it isn't to buy vacuum food. Who would go to the mainland...involving a plane or boat trip to buy vacuum food? What is vacuum food anyway?
Not even in an emergency!
someone is planning a new food store/service
Well, obviously....but vacuum food is for camping.
It looks for me, somebody lives in a Vacuum. ;-)

I am really prefer fresh food. Fruits and Vegetables are much cheaper and in a better quality in Belize City.
Exactly! Great meat at Southside! The market. Brodies! If I'm going to bother going to BC, and I live in SP, I'm going for fresh, best quality food!
Well~Thanks for you guys opinions, I think there is not any marketing for island people, I am wonder island people always has plenty time to cook meal, or spend extra money for restaurant
Don't bother wondering those two things. It has nothing to do with having plenty of time, too much money that can be spent on restaurants, or any other negative thing you can think about "Islanders".
Islanders are just like mainland people!
We like good quality fresh food...we go distances and spend money to get it.
Vacuum food was invented in the late 60's and early 70's for camping.
No people, no matter how busy they are eat it. Nobody is too busy to cook good fresh food that is good for their happiness and health.
is there a forum to ask someone to pick up an item for you in BC and bring it back to SP for a charge ?
Just ask on this forum. Start a thread about what you want. Someone will tell you if you can get it. Someone will tell you where. Someone will tell you how. Some businesses will deliver to Tropic Cargo, Caribbean Queen, and other delivery sources for no charge. Then you can pay to get it delivered.
Ok~ thanks for your remind, I only point out the advantage of Vacuum food, I don't mean any negative thing you can think about,

same as you have stereotype for vcauum food. you think only fresh food is health, actually vocuum food has no any Preservative, so why you think fresh food is healther than vacuum food?
and now day the vacuum food is not for camping purpose only, but also for people who is single or who isn't good at cooking etc..
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/belize-bz/article?mid=1302

by the way do you know what is Lipoma? if you know how is lipoma looks like,next time you could check the pork or beef you boguht from these places.
I am going to San Pedro the end of this month, everythime I go I always help my friends buying someting from BC, Let me know what items you want buy? you can PM me first.
Maybe for a Belizean Ramen eater, this military high vacuumed food (vacuum alone does not help, mostly its dehydrated) could be delicious, but then you also need to give a bottle of ketchup with every plate.

I like fresh fruits and vegetables with a shelf life of days and not atomic survival food that can survive mankind.

Read this about healthy Chinese vacuum food.

Public health officials are warning the public not to consume a brand of vacuum-packed corn sold in B.C. because it could contain botulism toxins.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Yu Yuan brand Sweet Glutinous Corn may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.

No illnesses have been reported, but the toxin can cause nausea, fatigue, headaches - and in severe cases paralysis and death.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/12/18/bc-corn-recall.html#ixzz1Bjm2Fkvk

Or this from FDA

The FDA has not reported finding melamine in food imports for humans from China, yet it last week launched sample testing "out of an abundance of caution," said chief medical officer David Acheson.

The new restriction may be what's needed to shore up consumer confidence that the FDA can protect the food supply, said Jean Kinsey, director of the Food Industry Center at the University of Minnesota. Without such action, the public's distrust will grow, she said.

According to the alert notice posted on the FDA website Friday, the agency has so far taken 750 samples of wheat gluten and products made with wheat gluten and found 330 positive for melamine or melamine combined with another substance. It also found 27 positives out of 85 samples of rice protein concentrate and products made with rice protein concentrate.

All of the samples that tested positive were imported from China.

"I don't believe it has reached such a serious stage that human food is at risk," Wu Yongning, Deputy Director of the National Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety, part of China's Ministry of Health, said in Beijing. "Problems occur in all countries."

"Generally speaking, American consumers should not worry too much," said Luo Yunbo, Head of the Food Science and Nutrition Engineering Institute at China's Agricultural University in Beijing. "We select the best products for the international markets."

Belize Quality of Import Products

Belize is together with other 3rd world country a bigger importer of cheap low quality chines products and counterfeits. The crap they sell here in many hardware and household stores, would never be accepted in Europe or the US. Fake Batteries, counterfeit tools, rusty low quality Bicycles and Motorbikes. A lot of food we import is already expired when its reaches Belize. I am not sure if we really need this kind of low quality, low vitamin, high fat, high salt food with natriumhydrogencarbonat and artificial flavor.

I my personal opinion you could also import toxic waste to Belize instead of this vacuum food, at least they pay you big $$ to take it. ;-)
Thanks for your information, all the vacuum foods will import from Taiwan, and these vacuum foods already import to Janan many years,they also have factory in Unity State, so don't consider all the Chinese must from china, then automatically relate china equal to toxic!

Do you think fresh food "equal" health? well, then could you explain to me why many peopele have Diabetes, Hypertension,or Heart disease problem in Belize?

your sounds mean Belizean only deserve low quality of goods? or you fogot to say there isn't much choice we can do?

I my personal opinion you could also import toxic waste to Belize instead of this vacuum food, at least they pay you big $$ to take it. ;-)

If you only select portion of truth to debate me,or or just try to teasing my idea,well~ you win and I won't say anything with you. go ahead to believe what you believed
Good show, Cayemen! Taiwan, China, not much difference. I wouldn't eat preserved food from either place.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board