AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: FlowerChild Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 03:19 PM
Would like to hear opinions regarding buying a Yamaha golf cart verses a Club Car. I've been told that the Yamaha's will rust from the inside out because of the steal frame while the Club Car has an aluminum frame. I've heard good and bad reviews on both. Please give me your thoughts. Also, if you have a golf cart for sale, please let me know. Am looking for a gas cart with a lift. Preferably one with a fold down seat in back. Thanks.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 05:03 PM
Tis true about the steel frame on a Yamaha. I bought the electric Yamaha extended version 7 years ago. Everyone who owns a Club Car was surprised at the difference in the ride. But alas - I had a choice of buying a new cart or homogenizing my existing cart. Polo put my Yamaha chassis on a Club Car frame.

I have no idea of the life expectancy of any of these vehicles. Right now the MUD PUDDPLES are so deep and full of mud that my brakes keep failing.
Posted By: JZB Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 06:40 PM
I have a club car and after driving on these pot holey flooded roads for the past nine years, I think it has held up remarkably well.
Posted By: gecko_girl Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 06:45 PM
I second JZB with an 11 year old club car.
Posted By: islanddogs Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 07:26 PM
I've had both a Yamaha and a Club Car. I have chronic back problems and would dread every moment I spent on the Yamaha. The ability of the Aluminum Club Car frame to 'soak up' a good deal of the shock from the bumps is worth its weight in gold.
Years ago I used to race bicycles and rode hand built Italian Steel frames exclusively and relentlessly razzed my friends who rode ridiculous looking large tube diameter aluminum frames. I had always heard about the superior shock absorbing quality of the aluminum frames but stuck faithfully to my steel frames. One day I said to a friend who rode the same dimension frame as I did- lets switch bikes for the day, I want to see what this aluminum thing is all about. After that day, I went out and bought an aluminum frame and haven't looked back since.

Hope this personal experience helps!
Posted By: Bear Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by islanddogs
Years ago I used to race bicycles and rode hand built Italian Steel frames

Doggonit I-dog, who was that Italian bike maker I have it on the tip of my tongue...Mazzi, Masi?
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/11/11 07:31 PM
Club Car all the way......but with any cart "preventive" maintenance is the key.
Posted By: islanddogs Re: Golf Cart - Yamaha vs Club Car - 10/12/11 06:10 AM
Bear- I used to ride a few...Bianchi, Colnago and Simoncini were the three I had...There also were/are a ton of 'mom and pop' frame builders that are just fantastic. Masi is legendary...many champions have ridden Masi.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board