AmbergrisCaye.com Home
[Linked Image]

Yesterday's post made me think of things that are totally new to me in Belize but now a daily part of my life. How did I live without this stuff? Simple answer...I didn't really cook (or clean for that matter). Manhattan was take away sushi, eating out most nights, delivered Italian food at 11pm and twice daily trips to Whole Foods Supermarket/Superstore/My favorite place on earth. So convenient. It has been a tough adjustment for me. Making a shopping list for more than one day's food is still out of my reach, but I am getting better.

I love certain fruits and vegetables when they are in season or available like cassava, mamey and mangoes. But here are my new everyday household necessities. I'm glad that a bit of cooking, time in the kitchen and Belize has forced me to find them. Though...Whole Foods, I miss you every day.

Mahler chicken consumme
Lisette's Secret Sauce
Zote Soap
A Crock Pot
Downy Fabric Softener
Fanta
Cilantro
Marie Sharp's Green Habanero Sauce
Fish Insect Spray
Complete Seasoning
Habanero Pepper
Honorable Mention Goes to Coconut Milk

Click here to read the rest of the article, with lots little details about each "mandatory", and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop
What a great article, Rebecca! I never knew about the Zote soap smile
I love Zote! I've had my luggage searched many times simply because I have to bring a bar home. I guess it looks like plastique or something equally dangerous on the xray smile
Mmmmmm...Orange Fanta.....
I could use an orange fanta right now...GREAT PARTY BLUE WATER GRILL! Check out my new post for the goofy pics!
I have a bar of Zote and never realized how useful it was.
Thanks to you I googled it and learned a lot. Now I'm going to go use some by hand before putting clothes in machine. THANKS A LOT.
Hope the Zote is working out for you...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board