AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Notary Public in San Pedro?

Posted By: knox

Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 12:01 AM

I need to have a deed and closing statement notarized on monday or tuesday. Is there a Notary Public in San Pedro? Name/number/email please?? THANK YOU
Posted By: Laura G

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 04:24 AM

All the J.P.'s can notarize for you. Susanna at El Fogon is a J.P., and Eiden at Reef Radio is one. There are a bunch more in town, just not sure where all of them are.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 01:24 PM

JP's "witness" signatures but that is not legally "notarizing".

Best to clarify what you need signed, for what country and who can do it.

If you have a Belize document, it will state who has to witness the signatures or may certify the document - it could be a "Notary" (not so many around), a JP (lots around) or a Supreme Court Commissioner (one or two on island).

If you have a US document that requires a "Notary" then only a US Notary will suffice and you may need to travel to find one.

Posted By: Gaz Cooper

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 01:26 PM

There are 250 registered JP's in San Pedro if you can believe that LOL

Easiest one to find would be Claudio Azueta at Southwind properties

Gaz Cooper
Posted By: ragman

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 02:03 PM

knox, It is inconvenient to say the least but there are Notary Services at the American Embassy. You must make an appointment I believe. I think the cost was either %50 or $100 usd.

I may ask my wife to bring her stamp with her when we return in November because this comes up once in a while. The only thing is technically I do not think it is legal for say a MA Notary to stamp in Belize but it would probably slide though and satisfy the paper pushers.
Posted By: Phil

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 09/15/12 05:44 PM

US$50 per signature/document. Thievery.
Posted By: Paul I

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/10/14 02:24 PM

Did your wife bring her stamp? We could use a US Notary if possible but were told a Belizean one would do.

Please let me know and we can make arrangements.
Posted By: champion

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/10/14 02:48 PM

Gosh, I would think that most Realtor Companys would have at least 1 Notary.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/10/14 03:36 PM

In Belize, as far as I know, only the attorneys can notarize documents.

We don't have US notaries because we are not in the US so you need to go to the US embassy if you need a US notary.

We do have Justices of the Peace & Commissioners of the Supreme Court that can notarize most Belizean documents, and most real estate offices do have them on site or on call.
Posted By: Paul I

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/11/14 03:39 PM

Just to let everyone know, the US Embassy won't deal with us because we're Canadian. That being said Even if the have a Notary there are only certain things they will notarize.

We have since found out that a Belizean Notary will do because Belize is a signator of the Hague Convention for international law.

Problem solved!

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/11/14 04:31 PM

I will need a notary in the next month, I think. A Belizean Notary would be fine, I hope. Where can I find one in San Pedro?
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/12/14 05:22 PM

You need to make an appointment if you need a Belizean Notary (attorney) as they usually come out on certain days of the week.

If a Justice of the Peace will work I can certify the document for you at my office across from the town council offices - bring photo ID.

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 01/13/14 03:14 PM

Thank you Amanda, I'll keep the option of a Justice of the Peace in mind and also the option of a Belizean Attorney.

Posted By: Coconut Cafe

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 10/11/14 01:43 PM

Hi All,
I am also in the need of a Notary.
Here is the description of what is needed from my title company in the states:

"The first [option] is to go to a US Embassy which looks like itís in Belmopan City. An appointment would need to be made and there could be charges. The appointments look like they need to be made online, not by phone.

The second option is to go to a duly appointed Notary Public of that Country. From there a Certificate of Acknowledgment of a foreign Notary will need to be authenticated by either a judge of a court of the country, a minister, consul, or vice-consular agent of the United States."

Does anyone have any knowledge to how I can possibly take care of this here in San Pedro so I do not have to take a trip to Belmopan?

Thanks in Advance,
Timm
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Notary Public in San Pedro? - 10/11/14 10:12 PM

Yes, Paradise Management on Front Street above Kakaw Chocolate......They have handled our legal matters on the island since 2005....Please see Miss Cherry as she can assist you....The office is operated by Attorney Mr. Mukul Kanibar (I believe the last name is spelled correctly)....Nonetheless this organization has been quite valuable with all legal matters from Property Recordings to immigration information...... Hope this helps!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board