AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Federal Express

Posted By: mawags

Federal Express - 10/22/12 04:45 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a Federal Express location on San Pedro or one in Belize City??? Thanks!
Posted By: MisterB266

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 04:59 PM

Looks like there is an agent in Belize City.

From the telephone directory...
Gutierrez Logistics Limited
Licensee of Federal Express Corporation
6 Fort Street, Belize City
Tel: 223-1577 / 75
Fax: 223-1746
fedex.com

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 05:02 PM

Thank You!
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 05:22 PM

My son used to work for FedEx and sent me something. From Belize City it was sent on Tropic Cargo. BTW - it cost way too much and we never did that again. I've heard that DHL is cheaper.

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 05:55 PM

My son works for United Airlines and gets a 75% discount thru Fed X
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 06:12 PM

Inbound and outbound FedEx for San Pedro goes through the Tropic Cargo office, they can tell you up front what the costs will be.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 08:16 PM

And DHL also in Bz City
Posted By: MathieusDeli

Re: Federal Express - 10/22/12 10:16 PM

I sent my passport to Washington DC to be renewed using fedex in the tropic air office in san pedro - was quite a bit cheaper than using dhl. I didn't get a fedex tracking number (didn't ask for one). I got a dhl tracking number when the passport was sent back though, the contact emailed it to me.

Using the dhl tracking number I was able to see exactly what route the package took at all times. Package logged in washington dc at 7.50pm on 1 october, arrived in belize (city I assume) at 1.15pm on 4 October and I was notified by Ian at dhl Mailboxes etc in san pedro at around 11am on 5 october that the package was there. All in all i was impressed that I sent the passport out for renewal on 13 september and got it (and supporting documents) back on 5 october. And that's a UK passport that went from Belize to Washington DC then to London then back to Belize.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board