AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Casa Pokey Jan Shipping from US - 01/05/14 09:26 PM
This has been discussed before but I need a recommendation for a shipper who will ship from the US to San Pedro from someone with recent experience. I used to use Cayo Cargo but they are not responding to phone or e-mail.

Posted By: Phil Re: Shipping from US - 01/05/14 10:43 PM
Hyde are the largest and most popular. Located in fl. Caribbean Shipping are their local (Bz City) contact. They end the job in Bz City. You will then need a Customs Broker and pick one of the several barge companies to San Pedro.

If it's small item, Post it, if it's large and available here buy it locally - to save a ton of aggro. I'm guessing not though. It's not a fun experience if it's your first time and a one off.

There are other smaller Companies too who might do more personalised to the Caye service but this is a start for you.
Posted By: wade the gringo Re: Shipping from US - 01/06/14 03:15 PM
I use http://bluefieldfreight.com/Home_Page.html

They go from California to belize city.

www.BLUEFIELDFREIGHT.COM

5841 S. San Pedro St Unit G in the rear, Los Angeles Ca, 90003
NEXT FREIGHT TO BELIZE
JANUARY 31st., 2014
Cut-off Date is the 30th, January, 2014,
email:[email protected]
faceboook.com/belizeshipping
OR CALL: 323-231-3030 OR 323-255-9558,
Posted By: elbert Re: Shipping from US - 01/06/14 03:28 PM
If you send boxes by post be prepared to pay substantially to get it from the post office in San Pedro.
For instance , I got three boxes this week, my purchase was 2000.usd , to get it from the post office I had to pay $1436.bz.
what a deal!
Posted By: Phil Re: Shipping from US - 01/06/14 03:56 PM
You don't get any discount shipping it. Duty is duty. In fact you are more likely to pay less via the Post Office or Courier than if shipped through the Port, where they are very thorough on applying the correct duty to items. The higher luxury the item the higher the duty. Average Duty is ~25% of value including adding the Shipping fees to value and then applying duty!!!

Elbert - You paid a standard if not cheaper end of Duty there. 35% total. 22% Duty 12.5%GST 1% Environmental Tax.
Posted By: belizegial Re: Shipping from US - 01/07/14 12:22 AM
try Belize Concierge Shipping out of Los Angeles

[email protected]

Posted By: tacogirl Re: Shipping from US - 04/08/14 11:33 AM
Anyone have a shipping source close to New York Area?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board