AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Hi, my husband and I are thinking of moving w/our 11th grade daughter for her Senior year in the Fall 2019. We are planning to move in late June this year! YIkes...

1) I've been looking for rentals, and I can't seem to find what all the bloggers are talking about - being able to get rent as low as $800-1,500 monthly. I've been finding these luxury daily rentals high as $200 and up a night! 2) is it worthwhile to crate and move furniture, belongings etc or are they cheap enough to buy everything once we are moved in 3) I'm looking for good private schools 4) lastly, bloggers talk about cheap eats, and I googled a sampling of restaurants in AC and they have $20-25 dollar entrees w/drinks being $10 and up. I want to do a reality check. I was also interested in doing yoga and they said you can do it cheap but I see they are the same here about $10 and up per class. Am I looking at the touristy sites or are the bloggers going on old outdated info. 5) how bad are the mosquitoes?

Any other "WISHED I HAD KNOWN" before moving to Ambergris Caye things you can offer would be MOST appreciated!
It would be wise to come down for a visit so that you can see for yourselves if this is the right move for your family.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board