AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Glass artist - work permit?

Posted By: indygal

Glass artist - work permit? - 04/06/03 09:57 PM

Will be spending 2 months next winter in AC and wish to spend part of each day on my glass blowing. I only use a small torch and will do it on the porch. Am I going to need a work permit? What do I get into if I sell a few pieces? Thanks for your help
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/06/03 10:49 PM

This is no problem-do not worry you can sell a couple of pieces on the beach etc.
Posted By: Marie

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/07/03 03:58 PM

Help everyone! There is the prettiest yellow house where the business is, on the South side of AC, that, I think does glass work. Anyone got the name? That may be a resource for you.

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/07/03 06:21 PM

Thanks-glad to hear it's no problem. The little yellow house-I have been to, the Artist does some very cool stain glass. Will be to AC in May, will just stop in.

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/08/03 01:25 AM

No, Indygal, it really may be a problem. If you are coming just for a visit, you go girl, If you are moving, do some good research. Be serious to see if this will work for you.

And when, if, when you get there, can I please come to move in your back room! I've seriously had enough of this crappy Ohio winter this year!!!!!!!!!! Yipes!!!!!!

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/08/03 01:44 AM

Marie, We had the same lousy weather right after you did. Came back from AC in Jan. and said I am done talking about it-I am out of here next winter. It takes some doing of course, but deciding is half the battle. The people I love are mostly here in Indy so only going to AC for a 2 month visit. Who knows after that. ?? Indygal

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/08/03 02:29 AM

Hi Indygal! I so understand. I'm trying to figure out how to do it myself. But, I'm a counselor, so you can't dump your clients for two months a year...so stuck for now. It's my fantasy. Do check it out, as much as I love my dear Belize, I have heard that lots of us expats have not found it easy! Let me know how it goes, so I can see if I can get my courage up!!!!!

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/08/03 01:56 PM

Hi Indygal! Before I sound like too much of a wimp....I do want to speak to you of my Aunt and Uncle who, literally, sold everything when he was 55 and she was 45. Bought a Harley and rode it to Azizona. They are 84 and 94 now. Still ride the Harley. Sometimes, being frisky is good. But, do check it out. It's a bit harder in Belize than in America. But, if ya gotta go........GO!
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/09/03 01:23 PM

that same 84 year old aunt from another post? and a harley rider to boot?

Re: Glass artist - work permit? - 04/09/03 01:33 PM

Yes, Dobbie, I'm sort of proud to relate that I come from an interesting Irish family. By the way, the "mouthful" issue was from another Aunt. It was an interesting childhood!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board