AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: hilaryd Jobs??? - 03/24/05 05:25 PM
I fell in love with the island while on vacation and am looking to move down there. Does anybody know of some job openings? I have a degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management and a Bachelor's in Business Manangement.
Posted By: streetchie Re: Jobs??? - 03/28/05 09:58 PM
As many on this board will tell you, come to San Pedro to spend money, not make it. There are no jobs here.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Jobs??? - 03/28/05 10:12 PM
Sure are lots of expats working here...
Posted By: kangaroo Re: Jobs??? - 03/30/05 08:03 AM
I am one of the expats working here but it is certainly not for the money! I've been here about three months and find that I can get by (and be happy) on the mere pittance I'm being paid. If you are ready for a roommate (or more than one) and fewer amenities than you might be used to you might be able to make it work ~ (this assumes you're able to come virtually debt free.) This is definitely a fabulous place to be so keep looking, and good luck to you!

;-)
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Jobs??? - 03/30/05 06:40 PM
Having credentials in the tourism industry will definitely be advantageous for you.

Properties are constantly looking for qualified management/trainers. Your past industry related work experience will also affect your ability to find suitable employment and get a work permit.

Belize is growing exponentially and likewise the tourism industry here. With a small labour pool, more foreigners are being employed here than ever before.

My advice is to broadcast your resume to numerous resort properties. If you are offered a position, allow the resort to file for your working papers (make this a condition of employment). It is not a difficult process if the proper procedures are taken.

I moved down in 88' and again in 95' while in my mid twenties. You can make good money here and save good money here, some choose to spend good money here also (like I used to do). It's all up to you!

Hope your goals are reached in Belize!

"Life is not about how many breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

SIN
Posted By: hilaryd Re: Jobs??? - 03/30/05 06:57 PM
The only debt that I have are stupid student loans. And SIN I totally agree with you about moments that take our breath away. That's how
I felt when I got to San Pedro and the whole time that I was there.
Posted By: heidianne Re: Jobs??? - 04/07/05 07:10 AM
SIN, If you don't mind, what exactly did you do while living in San Pedro?
Posted By: Halle Re: Jobs??? - 10/24/05 01:05 AM
Yes Sin , I would love to know as well

Can anyone tell me what the wages are like - on average?
Posted By: playabees Re: Jobs??? - 10/28/05 04:35 PM
When I was working there in 2001, I earned $250US per week managing 10 condos for Tradewinds. Not much, but my furnished apartment was thrown in as well as all utilities. It was a pretty sweet deal considering life is pretty cheap on the island once that stuff is taken care of. Belikin by the case is cheaper than Belikin by the bottle smile
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board