AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: 6string Any Electronics industry - 02/16/07 09:35 PM
Hey, I'm coming down for pleasure in March, but I am also going to retire soon and want to move to the tropics (Mn - USA resident). I am an Electronics Engineer by degree, lots of experience with audio/video as well as computers and data networks. The latter is my day job now, and also am a musician (guitarist - rock and blues) been playing live and recording for years.

As most know, the musician biz is difficult to make a living, at least a good living. I assume the electronics might be easier to support myself... even repair and maint is fine. My wife is an artist (painting) and gardener/landscape designer... can we find enough income to keep us in food and wine? Thanks in advance!!
Posted By: JZB Re: Any Electronics industry - 02/16/07 10:35 PM
I think you two would make a great addition to the island (your services are needed). Whether or not you would be able to support yourselves working here....probably not.
Posted By: 6string Re: Any Electronics industry - 02/16/07 11:27 PM
Cool... yeah I kinda figured the $$ would be difficult, but that's what the pension is for. I'll just need my daily budget to eat and drink. We'll be visiting in about a month, and hopefully fall in love with the area as so many others have.
Posted By: weile Re: Any Electronics industry - 02/17/07 01:36 PM
We should talk. Send me an e-mail.
[email protected]
Posted By: 6string Re: Any Electronics industry - 02/18/07 05:48 PM
Hey weile... I just sent ya an email, thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board