AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dolfins Waiter - 11/30/14 08:38 PM
Hello I am just trying to help some one on getting a waiter job
He has a police record
Resume and refference
Have being working on hidden valley on the western area for 1 year 6 months
And have work other places he is a good working person plz help him thanks
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Waiter - 12/02/14 03:15 PM
Am assuming (clarifying) that "has a police record" means he has a report showing that he has NO history of arrests.
Many a foreign reader will assume the opposite, so best to clarify.
Best of luck for your friend, I hope he finds a great job!
Posted By: elbert Re: Waiter - 12/04/14 12:37 PM
Dolfins, Good luck with this. I've policy that persons applying for a job for some one else means the application goes in round file immediately.
See if you can help the person by steering them to apply in person because the employer will think they are not serious about wanting a job or mentally incompetent.
It's admirable you want to help but this might just hurt instead.
I occasionally have mothers ask me if I have a job for their son, it's hard not to laugh or make a smart alec remark but for sure it's the kiss of death for the son.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Waiter - 12/05/14 02:57 AM
Elbert - you think that's funny - the one I shake my head at is "Do you have anything my husband can do?"
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: Waiter - 12/05/14 12:59 PM
Hello dolfins, We do have one more position to fill before the busy season gets in full swing.....Please have your friend apply in person at the Black Orchid Restaurant, 2.5 miles South of town.....Please ask him to reference your name and to note that we are very particular about our staff.....I look forward to meeting him....Please note: This person must have a valid Social Security Card.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board