Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
There isn't a private airport. There is a Municipal airport, which is used for local flights and connections and an International Airport. You can get all of the prices at tropicair.com

I'm not sure your budget would stretch to two bedrooms, close to town and close to the water on Ambergris Caye. Airbnb is always a good option for less expensive accommodation though.

If I were here for two weeks, I'd spend some time in the Cayo area, on the mainalnd, and also on the cayes to get a better feel of the country and a much more interesting all round experience.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

K
K
Originally Posted by BrandonDietz
thanks for all the reply's and information. A bit more info to help get the correct answers. we are not looking at spending a pile of money for a place to stay but we want to be somewhere that is closer to town and close to the water. not to sure budget wise say lower than 100 usd a night.( is it worth considering airbnb to stay at here) Are there places that would have 2 bedrooms as opposed to rooms that have 2 beds? we are going to be there for approx 2 weeks, would you suggest maybe staying at different areas to better get a feel for the islands? for us this is a bit of a scope out the area kind of trip in thoughts of possibly investing in the area, maybe buying a vacation property or maybe even someday moving here.

what is the approx cost to fly from Belize city to San Pedro? direct from the international airport, or from a private air port?

SimonB already provided a link for you.

PSSunshinegal...I always call to confirm price or match price before booking on other sites such a orbitz, booking etc...In this case for example, I called Mayan Princess direct after seeing them on Booking.com. Gave them total price that was offered incl tax and hotel tax and asked if they can match and I would book directly. Not one but two girls told me no. I booked with another hotel ( unnamed) that said they would match this ONE time since I stayed with them prior, otherwise I would have to pay regular price, which was 27%higher.

Last edited by DonnaR; 10/17/17 06:11 PM.
DonnaR #526434 10/17/17 07:24 PM
P
P
Thanks for reporting Donna. If I was an owner or manager at this property I would not be very happy with the people answering my phones. This is not the way most properties down here operate and I stick by my original statement for others reading this post. Check first because you can really help an owner out by booking direct.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all the help everyone. Its official or trip is booked. We will be arriving on Jan-26 and will be there for 2 weeks. We will be flying from the municipal airport to the island and are staying at a very new airbnb apartment. couldn't be happier with our decision as it will keep things more authentic, and the cost was a lot less than staying in the local hotels.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.