Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#526869 11/06/17 03:47 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The body of an elderly man was found this morning inside of a construction site south of San Pedro Town. Police are on the scene and investigations are ongoing in order to determine the cause of death. According to persons that found the body, the male person who is yet to be identified is believed to have been attacked. However, police are yet to confirm this. The San Pedro Sun will have an update as information is made available.

[Linked Image]

San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

German Attorney, Killed in Building Under Construction in San Pedro

And turning now to the fourth murder - which is in San Pedro - a German man who has been living in Belize for 5 year was found in a building under construction with an abrasion to his head. Police believe he had been struck on the head.

They say 52 year old Raimund Adalbert Kobler (Koessler) had last been seen last night at his home, a block away from the murder scene:

ASP Alejandro Cowo - OC, CIB
"Some time after 7A.M. this morning, police from San Pedro visited the corner of Pearl Street and Coco Plum Street, it is a 2 - story building that is under construction where on the first floor they found the body of male person with a large cut wound to the head. The person was identified as Raimund Adalbert Kobler, a 52 year old German national. The information we received so far was the ast time he was seen alive was some time after 10P.M. by the land lord. He was talking to him, he was sitting on the house verandah when the landlord went inside and that was the last time that they saw him. Where he was found is just a block away from where his room is."

"He has been here for almost 5 years we understand. Based on the records on his passport entries and everything."

Jules Vasquez, reporter
"I understand that it was in an unfinished building."

"Yes, it's an unfinished building."

Jules Vasquez, reporter
"Now people who use either abandoned buildings or unfinished buildings are usually people who are perhaps or sometimes people who conceived illicit substances. Is there any indication that he might have been socializing or seeking that type of indulgence?"

"We don't have that information in yet, but as I told you the last time we know that was seen alive was 10P.M. by his landlord."

Kobler was a German attorney.

At this point, Police have no suspects in this case.

Channel 7

German national Raimund K��ler murdered in San Pedro Town
A man was found dead inside a construction site located at the corner of Cocoplum Street in San Pedro Town early on Monday morning, November, 6th. The lifeless body was found by construction workers who arrived at the San Pablo Sub-division site shortly after 6:30AM to start working. Police were called and they quickly processed the scene. The deceased has been identified as 53 -year-old Raimund K��ler (Koessler) of German nationality, who suffered a severe injury to the head. Police have since labelled the death as murder, and an investigation has been launched to detain the culprit(s). K��ler, a long-time resident, was described by neighbours in the area as someone quiet, who would always be at his home. According to them, he lived alone and the only times he would be seen on the street was when he visited the nearby grocery store. They expressed shock at his demise wondering why he was out so late from his home. His body was found in a far corner of the construction site in a place he was not known to frequent.

A few persons residing near the building told The Sun that before midnight on Sunday, they heard a lot of commotion inside the building. Later a loud sound was heard, but when they peered through their windows, they saw nothing. One resident near the area, who wishes to stay anonymous, claims he observed a gentleman of Hispanic descent walking down the street with appeared to be a bat.

Sadly, residents believe that no one will talk to police because of fear that the assailant might come after them. They shared with The Sun that on several occasions when they have cooperated with police, it is not kept confidential. "I've had people approach me with threats after I give my statement to the police. The only way they can find out that it was me, is because the police would tell them," said one gentleman.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

No Clues In Apparent Murder of German Attorney

Turning back now to the weekend murder roundup, Police say they don't have anything more on the murder of 52 year old Raimund Adalbert Koble. He's the German Attorney - who had been living on san Pedro for 5 years - that was found dead in a building under construction on Monday morning. He was found in a building close to his home with an abrasion on his head - consistent with blunt force. The cops say they don't know who he was with or what he was doing there:...

Supt. Alejandro Cowo - CIB, Belize City
"We have so far received minimal information but we are still working on it. The post-mortem is scheduled for tomorrow and they have interviewed several persons in the area but we have not gotten much information with regards to that. So, it is something that we are still investigating there in San Pedro."

A post mortem examination will be conducted tomorrow - and that may lead to some answers.

Channel 7

So many of us are gutted by this murder, again, another person gone with absolutely no clue to how or why it has happened. And the talk is that we will never know. I drive by this spot daily and i am sickened, I look at everyone I pass by in the area as if they may know what happened. I hope for a break through with some insight. To suggest the victim was involved in anything illicit: I would think in terms of Mr. Raimund stumbled upon a person that could easily kill for a $5 note to aide their addiction....and that murdered is lurking somewhere near.
Raimund, may you rest in peace and may you now be reunited with your loved one, Nancy. You did not deserve to leave this earth in such a violent way.

mar

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.