VISITOR / GUEST WATER SAFETY TIPS
Ambergris Caye relies heavily on boats for transportation not only around the island itself but for inter island travel, mainland travel, transportation of cargo and of course tourism. When Swimming or snorkeling on Ambergris Caye please
BEWARE OF BOAT TRAFFIC and follow these safety guidelines:
1) Swim/snorkel between docks and in designated swim areas when available.
2) Do not attempt to swim out to the reef.
3) Consider not wearing jewelry when snorkeling or swimming.
4) If any vessel is heading in your direction signal to make yourself visible.
5) Use a life vest or diver down buoy for visibility when snorkeling or swimming.
6) Touching coral, plant life and dock posts may cause extreme allergic reactions.
7) Always have someone watching when snorkeling or swimming at night.
8) Do not dive from docks as there could be shallow water or obstructions under water.
9) Pay attention to the wind speed and direction when kayaking away from shore.
10) A kayak and/or paddle are useful to make yourself visible while in the water.
11) Your belongings should not be left unattended on the beach or dock.
We want your vacation on Ambergris Caye to be a memorable and enjoyable one so please be safe while exploring our natural wonders.