Photos of Charles Lindbergh's reception in Belize, late 1927 and early 1928
1. The Spirit of St. Louis on the ground at the Barracks guarded by Belize policemen
2. Lindy emerges to an enthusiastic welcome. Dr. Cran is on his right. Note the
dress code of the day...Lindy is wearing a suit and tie and holding his fedora
in hand, this after hours in the cramped cockpit of that little airplane!
3. Lindbergh being received at St. John's College, Loyola Park on December 30, 1927. In
the photo besides Lindy are: Dr. Cran on his right; Governor Sir John and
Lady Burdon; Sir Herbert and Lady Sisnett; DC Hamilton Anderson and an
4. Charles Lindbergh at St. Johnís College
5. Belize, British Honduras. - His Excellency, Sir John Bourdon, Governor of British Honduras, and Colonel Charles A. Lindbergh on the steps of the NEWTOWN POLO and GOLF CLUB. Where a reception was held for the famous Air Ambassador. 1/5/28 taken by "Wide World Photos"
After leaving Belize, Lindy went to each of the Central American capitals, around the tip of South America, back north through the islands, and returned to St. Louis. His famous airplane was retired from service following this trip and now hangs in the Air and Space Museaum of the Smithsonian in Washington.
Photographs courtesy of the late Neil Fraser
Click here to comment on this picture .
Other Belizean "Pictures of the Day":
San Pedro Daily | Belize Slideshow