Baby manatee are cute, Belize Manatee Rehabilitation Centre
1. Rescued from hunters in the Lago Izabal area in Guatemala, 'Guatecita' prepares for her trip to Belize. Photo courtesy of Ester Quintana. This photo shows her when first rescued - what rolls of fat!!
2. Guatecita arrives from Lago Izabal, Guatemala, in style, accompanied by Ester Quintana-Rizzo (Professor, Universidad del Valle de Guatemala) and Oscar Machuca (Field biologist, Fundacion Defensoes de la Naturaleza)
3. Hannah Palmer, a GVI volunteer (www.gvi.co.uk), provides care and supervision whilst Guatecita is out of the water and the pool is being scrubbed down during the water change.
4. Hilmar working with Twiglet.
5. ... estimated at 70lbs, the calf was then released, once the mother had been sighted nearby.
6. Paul Walker and friend ... Guatecita is starting to show a great personality
Photographs courtesy Zoe Walker
Click here to comment on this picture.
Other Belizean "Pictures of the Day":
San Pedro Daily, Tony Rath's "Images of Belize"