Sea plane wheeling on the ramp to enter land at the New Town Barracks, 1930's into the 40's
They landed on a calm sea and then glided to a concrete ramp on the seashore by the Barracks and rolled on wheels to land. If the sea was too rough, they would land at the Old Loyola Park lagoon, by Yarborough.
These amphibian planes serviced mail and a couple passengers from the USA to Belize and back. They were owned by PAN AMERICAN AIRWAYS.
Photographs courtesy Hector Silva
Click here to comment on this picture.