TWO MEMBERS OF BELIZE NATIONAL DISASTER AND RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM TO CLIMB SECOND HIGHEST PEAK IN PAKISTAN:

Walter Santos and Lynwen Griffiths two members of Belize s National Disaster and Rescue Response Team are in Costa Rica undergoing further training. Next month they will be climbing the world s second highest peak and most dangerous mountain in Pakistan. Before leaving for Costa Rica, Santos explained his role in the up-coming expedition.

Santos:

To render medical assistance to the scientist who were taking part in this social environmental challenge in Pakistan.

Rene:

What exactly will you be doing there?

Santos:

When we leave London June 2nd we ll be flying into Pakistan and then from there it s 15 days of grueling tracking to base camp. In base camp we will have a clinic for the scientist that are heading out into the surrounding areas, it is very dangerous. It is one of the most dangerous mountain in the world so if anything happen we being part of a rescue organization, will bring them into the clinic and give them further treatment for the scientist.

Griffiths was also asked to comment on her participation in the mountain climb.

Griffiths:

For the video we re going to be coming back to Love TV when we get back to show Belizeans the 2 months adventure that Walter has been on so that people can see what s this fantastic Belizean is being able to do in his life.

Both Santos and Griffiths say they are excited and proud to be representing Belize in the world s most dangerous mountain climb.

Santos:

I m representing Belize chosen from 200 participants and we are applying to go to this expedition only 13 to 15 of us were selected. So I m very proud and excited and also anxious to know about that country.

Griffiths:

Well I m very proud to be going with Walter and to be representing Belize also because I ve lived here for 4 years and I feel very much apart of the country. Its very exciting to go with and organization that I ve been working with for the past four years. I ve learnt a lot about the rescue and medical remote medicine field. Its exciting and a huge challenge for both of us and we are looking forward to coming back and telling everyone about it.

Following their 12 days of training in Costa Rica, Santos and Griffiths will then be traveling to London where they will also be training and equip themselves for the rigorous and dangerous climb. Belizeans interested in co-sponsoring the 2 member rescue team can call Ian Anderson at telephone number 822-2800.