5 days in Placencia--took water taxi to BZE City, taxi to bus terminal and then boarded a bus for Dangriga. It was interesting passing thru the little towns (?), the bus stops any place there is someone waiting for it--Dangriga was not very pleasant compared to what I am used to in Belize--guess it's just a somewhat smaller version of BZE City in some ways. This was my 1st trip anywhere on the mainland except the airport and I've been to Belize 8 times. The drive out of Belmopan thru the mountains/citrus groves is beautiful (but a little scarey at 1st--the bus goes pretty fast on the mountain roads...but after all they drive it every day right?) After 1 hr in Dangriga, we caught the bus to Placencia, and ended up in Placencia, hot, dusty & tired! It was almost 4:30 when we got there--we spent less for 2 people RT by bus than 1 person 1 way flying--however it does take the whole day to get down there that way, and 1/2 day to get back by bus. But it was great to get to see so much of the rest of the country! Stayed at Crabboo Landing (across from Kitty's Place)--Ronnie is so nice! I didn't see Placencia b/4 the hurricane--but I thought it was beautiful, lots of flowers, birds (orange hummingbirds, parrots and choca-lacas woke us up every morning! The beach is really nice, cool sidewalk thru the town (a little broken up in some places). Ate Maloo's BBQ at Sugar Reef where you can actually buy a flask and then mix your drinks with whatever. Cozy Corner was fun place to hang and watch the ocean, drink and eat. Daisy's for breakfast, we bought stuff for sandwiches as we had a kitchen at Crabboo and also stopped at the Tipsy Tuna one nite for Belikens. Would I go again? Definitely! It's building, rebuilding, still a beautiful place and the people were wonderful!