Old Dude has been harrasing me about that side of beef I was trying to get rid of before the sheriff caught up with me. The Montgomery County Rodeo, Live Stock Show and BBQ Cookoff offered the ideal venue to pull this off. At least half the meat cooked there is of suspect origin. I put that sucker on Saturday morning (actuually, it was cooked over an open pit with one of those hand cranked gizmos that keeps the dang thang turning real slow). Took about 30 hours to cook, weighed about 300 #, of course you have to keep well lubricated in order to perform this epicuran delight. When I took it off, I should say, when 'we' took it off, aroud 3:00pm yesterday, I was a bit on the ragged side, no sleep, and over served. We had one of those huge motor homes at the camp that had a dang jucusie thang in the bathroom. Well, I grabbed a quart of Jack Daniels, filled that tub up, turned the temp up to 110 degrees and jumped in. Sure felt good. Must have fallen asleep cause about an hour later thay discovered I was "Missing" and came into the bus and sure enough, there I was still soaking and sound asleep. I was as weak as a young calf, took 2 pretty good size guys to fetch me outta there and put me in bed. That was around 5:00pm yesterday, I woke up at 10:00 this morning, felt pretty dang good, poured a cup of coffee and opened the door. Beautiful spring day, sun shining, birds singing and just the way to start the day.There was some 15/20 people tearing down the camp site. I heard screaming women, whistles, howls and various comments. I then checked myself out. I forgot to put my jeans on ! I was standing there as nekid as the day I was born. I was the only one not laughing.

So, there ya are, Dude, my trip report !