Originally posted by Sun&sand:
Unless you have your own service lines, lines that don't have to go through BTL, you are at their mercy. Unless this company is going to come in and start up their own company in Belize, it's nothing that could be used there.
yes, it does look like vonage offers the same for 25 a month. Remember you must have your phone line from your phone company in the first place.
Btl is not quite ready to be a phone line only.
If they are, hardly a belizean could afford what they would have to charge to make up the lost income from long distance.
Besides the UK guy "could" be working on something like tiscali for his belizean customers.

And now, how about , if i lived off of someones wifi, i would never need a phone.
Belize used to rebroadcast tv signal , because they could !!!

edit: " Vonage is an all-inclusive phone service. Vonage gives you local and long distance calling anywhere in the US (including Puerto Rico) and Canada for one low price. We can do this because we use your existing high-speed Internet connection (also known as broadband) instead of standard phone lines"

I first assumed this price was with dsl and i see that is not so. So , indeed europeans have a much better deal .