I really think most of what we remember from way back as well as the past couple of years, is anecdotal. Can remmeber huge snow storms when I was a kid, can remember Christmas in short sleeves. This past winter was mellow in Dec and January but do you recall how cold it was in October. Was nasty. Froze our ass** off in November on Andros for 4 days. Residents said they couldnt remember it ever being that cold so early in the winter. Think it is all relative - general trend slightly warmer...probably.
What burns my butt are the news casts and articles that blame any and all "odd" weather on global warming. Totally ridiculous.
When those tornadoes ripped through Florida a few weeks ago every dumb a** newscast had their resident tree hugger prognosticating how storms are intensifying, tornadoes will be more deadly, on and on and on. What crap.
Gee, in 05 at the end of the hurricane season for the next 4 months all we heard about was how horrific the 06 hurricane season was going to be. Came and went with a wimper, thankfully, but it is typical.
Have notices one thing though. Many of the meteorologists are not in bed with the environmentalists when it comes to storms/cause/effect. Most of them know better that the weather patterns are controlled more by the ocean currents movements than by global warming.
I am surely not an expert on global warming, but I do know that for every so-called "expert" that agrees with the man-caused premise there is an expert that disagrees with it.
I heard a lot of out and out LIES coming from the mouth of algore at the hearings he testified before several days ago. And when one disagrees it's like.....instant castration by(yeah, mostly the Left)the media and so called scientists. JMHO