SS...fortunately all my ailments were in the US, my friends, however, were here.

here, though, i've had every damn type of skin infection. I get downright cranky about cuts and things here...

my friend almost lost her leg when she scaped it on a dock. She's 40, and has been shooting herself with insulin since she was 8. The infection very very nearly cost her her leg (one of the times i spend night in hospital in Belize city). The docs were AMAZING...but again, she had no insurance for it, and although it was a small cut to the normal person, they had to wait and wait to get it under control before she could get to canada to get the special treatment. SHe had to stay in hospital for over a week because of the risk of further infection, especially here on the island.

had she had insurance, she could have been flown out.

GET INSURANCE!!! ESPECIALLY if you have children, how can you NOT afford it? Its not that much money in the scheme of things...make a budget and make it a priority. If you cant afford $1000 a year to make sure you dont die from something totally preventable.....

climbin' off soap box now smile