Umm no Marty. That is what happened. Not offensive at all to want to hear it, but just because someone says 'they fed the children to the crocodiles' doesn't make it true. Allowing and encouraging people to make up stories and lies to justify their behaviour (which actually doesn't seem to be the case in terms of the Maya people - the villagers are not denying any of it) doesn't help anything at all and muddies the waters of facts. I just hope I'm not a victim of such a serious crime here and that people will say 'well let's hear the rapist/murderer side of the story. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle'. The Roses are victims of a hideous crime and it just makes me so upset that people are apologising for those who have committed this crime and making excuses for them because they happen to be Maya people. If it had been a group of Nazi Skinheads I doubt somehow that some would be so sympathetic and wanting to hear 'their side'. I find it patronising and insulting to assume that the Maya people who participated in this crime are not in some way enough of 'society' to be held accountable for their actions.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography