Ahhhhh... You have the right attitude to have an awesome time on AC! Making no plans IS cool! You will find plenty to do, and plenty of trips to go on! You didn't say that you dive, so I'm assuming that you don't. If you snorkle, don't miss a trip to shark/ray alley and Hol Can (one trip--just a few hours).

Go to Lamanai (Mayan ruins in the jungle). This is an all-day trip. Don't miss it. It's not just the ruins; getting there is the best part. Go with Daniel Nunez of Tanisha Tours.

You say you are adventuresome... go cave tubing. I have not done this (I am an old lady) [Linked Image] but I've heard it is awesome, and I might even do it myself if my husband would go with me.

I've heard that you must not miss BCs BBQ on Sunday, and then to the Palapa for the evening.

Now, don't worry about making arrangements for any of this stuff!!! Just go and ask around. It's a small island! (I had to laugh when you said, "we want to get off the beaten path..." AC is nowhere near the beaten path.) [Linked Image] That's why we love it!

Well, those are my suggestions! Have a great time, and report in when you get back!

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KC (edited 06-22-2001).]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."