That sounds so similar to an attack on an acquaintance of mine, that took place about 2 years ago in front of Ramon's, on San Pedro. Approx. same time of evening, also relatively fit sober woman walking alone. As she explained it to me, she was grabbed from behind around her neck and asked for her money. She struggled to give him her purse which was slung across her, but he just continued to drag her into the water until they were around knee deep. She says she doesn't know what then happened because suddenly he let go and ran away. Don't recall if she knew any details about how he looked. She was pretty shaken up, but don't think anything worse than the bruising from being strangled from behind and dragged. This happened within a day or two of my wallet being snatched from me on the beach at around 8 pm. The scenario for me was different, as I was approached from the front, as if by someone who knew me . . .though I didn't recognize him and he was gone in a flash with da cash. He didn't get much from me, but darn, I loved that wallet. And heck, it really shakes a person up and the experience tainted my pleasure and changed my habits. Frankly, one shouldn't have to be concerned about walking in town, on the beach at that time of day. Something must be done on both islands.

OK, let this post get away from me. Sorry about that. All I meant to say was that the MO is so similar between what happened on Caye Caulker and what happened to my friend, that one would wonder if it's the same guy?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?